Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well shels have won the league again while we finished 3rd which is only good for an inter toto cup place :rollani:
We also miss out on a chance to enter the new All Ireland Setanta cup.

If things could't get any worse our top striker Glen Crowe,along with bobby ryan and colin hawkins have joined shelbourne :fero:

Dublin City are relegated while Finn Harps, UCD and Bray Wanderers have been promoted to the new 12 team Eircom Premier Division.

It looks as if we will play Leeds and Nottingham Forest in Friendlies over the coming months.

Looking at shels new team, their going to be very hard to beat next season :eyepatch:

·
Registered
15,157 Posts
Why does Ireland have a summer league?
I mean, I know why the Scandinavians and Russian have it, but why Ireland?

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It rains a lot here and pitches tend to get waterlogged a lot. :happy:

The real reason was to help increase attendances, more people would be more likely to attend a game on a nice summers evening compared to a wet and cold one, The main factor was that no other football would be available during summer months therefore we wouldn't have to compete with people going to the pub to watch an english premiership team e.t.c.

I think it has been a success so far.

It worked well for me as i can now go to Glasgow to see Celtic play :happy:

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think the new Eircom league has been a great success and that can be seen from the improved performances of our sides in Europe.
Have to say, i was pleased enough with Waterford's performance this season. Although we still lack consistency in the league we're definitely making progress under Alan Reynolds. I'm worried though that we might lose Daryl Murphy either to England or one of our rivals. And as for the FAI Cup final.... :irritate:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts