Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calciomanager report that we want the 24 year old icelandic forward as part exchange for Nakata in a bid to rebuild our squad "without spending astronomical figures".

As I don't watch EPL all too often I don't know much about Eidur. I think he's very good though...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Eidur Gudjonsen is -> :star:

He is one hell of a player! :excited: He is strong, mobile, fast and is also very good at assisting AND scoring. Terrific player... pure class. :drool:

I'd like to keep Nakata though. But buying Gudjonsen would be great... :hopefull:

PS. Lets escape relegation first... :depress:

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
Yes!
Lets get him!
I am impressed by him this season. Strong, pacey, single minded. He and Di Vaio will rock!!!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Guys,Sorry to interupt but....does anyone one of you have information about this deal i read about:

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jan21d.html

i saw highlights of the game that Empoli won over Bari in Serie B this week(i think it was 4-1 or 5-1 to Empoli),and those two players are just outstanding,Di Natale is a bit short and very quick player,and Maccarone is a huge striker(He looks like the Czech player Jan Koller),i say if this deal is official...its one hell of a deal for Parma!

and with young players like Marchioni,Bonazolli,Appiah,Montano....etc already with Parma..and add those two players to them Parma will have a great squad for next season;)!

Have a nice day!:D

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
About Di Natale there have been only rumors and voices about an option. As for Maccarone, although nothing is official yet, he is thought to be Parma-bound for next season.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Its probably just a stupid rumor from a tottaly unreliable website Kadri. But if I had to *guess* a price Chelsea would demand I'd say around 10 million pounds. Considering that he was bought for like 4.5 million pounds (am I right?) they take back double money...

Do you think he could cut it in Italy?

PS. Welcome to AMOland. ;)

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
AMOROSO! said:
PS. Welcome to AMOland. ;)
Where on Jupiter is AMOland? :D :D

·
Premier Player
3,682 Posts
I passed 1000 Posts!!!!!! :D :D ;) :eek:

·
THE
14,087 Posts
Such rumours are amusing. Few days ago Ipswich offered 6 mill for him. I think it was 4 mill we paid for him, but money isn't the issue here. Why should Chelsea sell one of it's best buys ever, a young great first team striker? :) Naturally some giant can offer 20 mill but I doubt Bates would even consider 10 million offer.
And thanks, I sometimes do peak in here :)

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
kat,
The rumour mention a possible exchange where Nakata would go to Chelsea for Eidur (+ money?).

I also would like to have SuperMario Stanic back. How is he doing these days?

Then about Empoli.

We are also interested in their australian-italian midfielder, Mark Bresciano. I think he's a winger and he scored a hat trick a few days ago against Bari in Serie B.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Super Mario is past. He should be 30 now (he was 28 when we sold him), he is injury prone...

I love him, but a return wouldnt be good neither for him or Parma I'm afraid.

·
Registered
13,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Oh, too bad... :( Maybe for the best. Wouldn't be nice if he came back and ruined our memories of him.

Another thing about Maccarone. I once heard that he was "like Montella" and now you say he's "like Koller". What's the truth? He's been partner to Bonazzoli in the U21 so I think "Montella" might be more accurate than "Koller". But I might be wrong. :)

BTW, I read an article about Stanic a few days ago. He spoke about the pressure in Chelsea. He didn't complain though and compared it with Italy (Parma). He said that the pressure you feel in Parma after one draw is the same as after three straight losses. *sigh* Not anymore... That was in the good ol' days Mario. When we had a team with some god damn pride!!

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
THINGS IS STARTED TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
THE
14,087 Posts
There are too many midfielders at Chelsea, so naturally "two weeks injured" Stanic feels pressured.
Nakata+money exchange makes it even more unreal. C has 2 great strikers and one young Finn, so selling one of them cheap and get another average midfielder is pure nonsens.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Nakata average? Despite his bad performances this season he is definitely not average, and for PL standarts he would be one of the very best players in the league. Let alone that I think Chelsea lacks a good offencive midfielder. Your midfield is too defencive. Jokanovic is sh!t, Morris will leave, Petit and Lambard havent exactly justified their prices so far... I dont think Chelsea would mind Nakata!

Why did you sell Poyet anyway?

·
Registered
14,067 Posts
Nakata is as soft as cotton candy, but skills-wise he could definitely rule in PL...but the price would be too high for Chelsea, Gudjohnsen is very good. Reminds me of Dwight Yorke at his best.

Lampard is nothing special...he was average in Hammers, worse in Chelsea. He has no vision, something that a player playing his position must have...

·
Registered
378 Posts
VERDI said:
Another thing about Maccarone. I once heard that he was "like Montella" and now you say he's "like Koller". What's the truth? He's been partner to Bonazzoli in the U21 so I think "Montella" might be more accurate than "Koller". But I might be wrong. :)

I really don't know VERDI,against Bari..that was the second time i see Maccarone play in(i saw him once playing with the Azzurini),but when i said he looks like Koller..i meant his look not his style of play:),he's a great talent anyway,but would you want him to be like Montella or Koller?;)

Mark Bresciano!!Damn he's good,he scored three goals...everyone of them is better than the other,and it will be great if Parma signs him:cool:!

You see now,since Sacchi took over at Parma,Parma is starting to play better(maybe not great but decent games),he knows how to choose the starting line-up,and on the other hand..i consider sacchi as one of the best scouts for talents,just look at those players Parma is linked with,nothing fancy but a great talents and very promising players....its a pitty really that Sacchi wan't at Parma since the start of this season:( :eek:!

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
Nakata would easily take a place in Chelsea. He is a quality player...He is having a bad season at parma right now but if we look back on his former club when he played he was great!

·
THE
14,087 Posts
Yo, Amo, this midfield has bagged Pool :) I agree that our midfield is too defencive, but don't you dare to say Joka is s*it!!! Petit has been injured a lot, but had few geat games.(against Leeds for example) Lampard played anywhere where happend and agree not very well, but he has improved lately.
Disagree on Nakata, a soft skillful player do not suit in EPL, imagine him against Keane or Mills or whoever big ugly defenders.Let him stay at Serie A. And previous seasons do not matter to me much, only the current one counts.
Poyet left because he wanted to leave, his contract was over.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts