Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, technically he should be as drink driving would not be in Mourinho's little book of rules that the club clung to when getting rid of Mutu.

We wait and see if Chelsea are as quick to stamp out another blot on the clubs reputation.

·
Registered
17,511 Posts
u compare a player caught for driving with a pint too much with a player who snorts cocaine and plays for his country 90 mints despite being injured and runs to tabloids saying i nearly hit my manager?

please no more daft threads...

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Well, technically he should be as drink driving would not be in Mourinho's little book of rules that the club clung to when getting rid of Mutu.

We wait and see if Chelsea are as quick to stamp out another blot on the clubs reputation.
Propaganda

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
KHALID said:
u compare a player caught for driving with a pint too much with a player who snorts cocaine and plays for his country 90 mints despite being injured and runs to tabloids saying i nearly hit my manager?

please no more daft threads...
Welllllll.....

Mutu didn't harm anyone other than himself, drunk driving puts a bunch of innocents at risk. Yes, I'd sack Eidur.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
Dj Domino said:
Welllllll.....

Mutu didn't harm anyone other than himself, drunk driving puts a bunch of innocents at risk. Yes, I'd sack Eidur.
Sack him and bring back Oliveira :D

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
portugese player in chelsea reservs the last time i checked.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Chelsea boss Mourinho to hit Gudjohnsen with fine
tribalfootball.com - February 15, 2005

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is likely to fine star striker Eidur Gudjohnsen after he was arrested for alleged drink-driving.
The Chelsea striker's arrest at 5.20am on Sunday breaches a strict curfew imposed by manager Mourinho on all his Blues stars.

Gudjohnsen was stopped by cops for speeding in the early hours following his match-winning goal at Everton on Saturday.

A breath test showed he was just over the legal limit and he must report back to the police at the end of next month for the results of a blood test to see if he will be charged.

Hard-liner Mourinho outlined a 2am bedtime curfew on his squad even on a day off in an uncompromising rulebook issued to every player at the start of the season.

Rules f and h of article one state: "Players must know that they're role models for children and adults - and they must always have an ethical and correct social behaviour.

"Players are not allowed to be away from their residence after midnight.

"On the night before a free day, players are allowed to be away from their residence until 2am."

Gudjohnsen was stopped for speeding along the A3 more than three hours after the deadline.

He may now be hit with a fine of one week's wages, around £50,000, for breaking the code of conduct.
www.tribalfootball.com

·
THE
14,152 Posts
CardiffRed said:

Do f:uck off. You are deliberatly giving false information.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
A clear act of stupidity but he's no crimianl,A fine would be just punishment. :smileani:

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Ridiculous Opening...

Alcohol is no cocaine... all of you know or even drive after drinking.,. its nothing abnormal until you get 'caught'. We do not know till what extent was his drinking... a Glass of wine during dinner is also drinking.. a champagne is also... no?

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Adriano10 said:
Glass of wine during dinner is also drinking.. a champagne is also... no?
You can drink wine and whatnot and still drive, as long as you're under the legal limit. Eidur was over (barely, though) so he's broken the law and should be punished IMO. I have no sympathy for people who get done for driving under the influence.

EDIT: I should have mentioned that personal losses dictate my views on drink driving.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
crap thread title.

Eidur will get punnished. The whole blood alcohol test is unreliable, but that is a huge discussion in itself.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
khimik... did u read it somewhere that eidur was barely above the limit.. care to post a link here... i was searching for it.. as I know, its still under 'suspicion' only...

but of course.. such things generally will be comfirmed

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Adriano10 said:
khimik... did u read it somewhere that eidur was barely above the limit.. care to post a link here... i was searching for it.. as I know, its still under 'suspicion' only...
Kyp's post. I know it's tribalfootball but all they do is copy/paste stories from other papers.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
sure... tribal copy/paste and create lots of crap of their own..

whatever happens.. i suppose Gud would be fined

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Perhaps you're all missing the point. This isn't about drugs, or drink driving as such. It's more about Mourinho's book of rules. Rules that, if broken, would see the end of a players Chelsea career.

Unfortunately it seems that the small print read 'as long as his names Mutu'.

·
THE
14,152 Posts
CardiffRed said:
Perhaps you're all missing the point. This isn't about drugs, or drink driving as such. It's more about Mourinho's book of rules. Rules that, if broken, would see the end of a players Chelsea career.

Unfortunately it seems that the small print read 'as long as his names Mutu'.
well, if it's JM rules, then he can change them anytime anyhow he wants them, isn't he?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts