Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
There are no rumours yet about a big sponsor or Athletic joining in?

Also, still don't get why they need to increase as they can survive with a lower budget too.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I explained it in the linked post, it's a pointless new law not a matter of financial health. Athletic cannot join as in the past, now by law clubs are not allowed to participate in other club's capital. Of course there are 'tricks' to do it but I don't think it will happen.

From a sponsor/guy with money point of view, if Eibar promotes, you can have your own Liga BBVA team investing around a million Euros, that is a total bargain.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For anyone interested in helping Eibar, if you buy shares your name will appear in the wall of the main stand in Ipurua. :D

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Over 5000 spectators saw Eibar beat Alavés in the Basque derby in Segunda. Because of that reslt Eibar go up to Primera (if they manage to increase their capital). With two games to go the gap to the third place is seven points! Because of Depor lost in Soria Eibar are the new leaders too!
It's an unbelievable great performance!

Meanwhile things for Alavés aren't looking that good, but the gap to a safe place is still 'just' two points. They'll face Numancia at home and Jaén away, no impossible teams to beat I'd say.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
After an incredible result, Huelva beat away 2-3 Las Palmas, and this secured Eibar's promotion, unbelievable!! I left this match at 2-0 and had it for sure that Eibar would need to continue fighting for promotion, but Las Palmas choked for good!
A good thing also that Depor promoted 99%, a nice team.

Since Sociedad have some kind of affiliation with Eibar, can't they agree to help them financially for the moment and have their money returned after the TV contracts? Or maybe Athletic could even do so. Isn't it allowed?

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Knoert and Finrod, I copied your last posts here, hope you don't mind. I think is good to have an 'Eibar in Primera thread' without forgetting the capital increase. Just in case someone passes by and wants to collaborate. ;) It would also be nice to have an eibar thread in the world football forum here on xt, any help is welcome and Eibar truly deserves it in this modern football of the sheiks and the 100m € transfers.

After an incredible result, Huelva beat away 2-3 Las Palmas, and this secured Eibar's promotion, unbelievable!! I left this match at 2-0 and had it for sure that Eibar would need to continue fighting for promotion, but Las Palmas choked for good!
A good thing also that Depor promoted 99%, a nice team.

Since Sociedad have some kind of affiliation with Eibar, can't they agree to help them financially for the moment and have their money returned after the TV contracts? Or maybe Athletic could even do so. Isn't it allowed?
One of the limitiations Eibar has put in the Capital Increase is that noone can buy more than 100k € in shares. The club does not want any controlling shareholder, they never had it, they are proud of how they do things, they don't want it. I don't know what would happen if they reach the last days and haven't meet the objective, but so far they don't want any investor controlling the club.

Second, there cannot be affiliates in the same category so somehow Erreala and Eibar will have to break their agreement. Obviously they will continue doing business together but Eibar can no longer be a joint club.

On clubs, in matters of ownership, I think one club cannot own other club. I am quite sure in the same category, partly sure in 'professional leagues' (primera and segunda). Obviously that does not explain for example Real Madrid and Real Madrid Castilla, although there might just be an exception for B teams.

What I don't know if could happen (I think you refer to this) is if i) Athletic/Erreala loan x money to eibar today, ii) Eibar buys its own shares to fulfill the objective, iii) Eibar returns the money when they receive the tv rights. Now idea if that is 'legal' honestly.

It would be nice if former Eibar players such as Xabi Alonso, David Silva, Gorka Iraizoz, Joseba Llorente, Gaizka Toquero, Moisés Hurtado, Tiko, Aitor López Rekarte... help the cause. Probably they've done it already/plan to do it.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It will also be interesting to see how they make their squad.

They still have 72 days for the capital increase (and 41% accomplished), if they don't manage to do it they will relegate to Segunda B. I think very few players serve both for Primera or Segunda B, so most probably will ahve to wait for late july early august to start signing.

Also, minimum wage for a Primera player is 120k €. For a whole squad, that means a minimum of around 3m €. Even with the tv rights, it won't be easy for Eibar, in fact nowadays most of their players earn the minimum wage in Segunda 60k.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Also, minimum wage for a Primera player is 120k €.
:googly:

What's that for nonsense??? It's an agreement between a player and a club, if that's 40k a season it's 40k, why's there a rule for that? I'm pretty sure in the Netherlands there's not such a rule.

·
Fantasy Liga Txampion
11,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Football players association achievement. Remember that when Joseba Etxeberria wanted to play his last season in Athletic for free, he had to be paid that minimum wage nonetheless. Then he donated it to the Athletic foundation.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Etxebe :proud:.

Pretty stupid rule though if you ask me.

Anyway, let's follow this closely. Certainly hope to catch an Eibar game in Primera next season, just because it's unique, either at Ipurua or somewhere else.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts