Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FT: Senegal 1-0 Egypt (0-0)

Scored in the 85th minute.

Funny goal.. Corner kick, our goalie punches the ball outside but he is already too away from the goal, a Senegalese player lobs the ball randomly, it hits EXACTLY the 90 angle of the top left corner of the goal and then it went in.. There were exactly 3 players under that corner but the ball was too weird they couldnt get it..

All in all.. Both teams were equally good..

I just hope that dork called Diouf of Senegal would stop his "African thug"attitude.. It really annoys me and I hope he gets a good beating in this tournament..

·
Registered
325 Posts
I belive the result was pretty fair. Egypt had a nice working defence and despite the goal the keeper should be praised.

The senegal keeper dident have to made a single save during the whole game and it was Senegal who created the most danger.

As you said Sabry the Diouf attitude is a discrase and i hope somebody bring him back to earth.

I was sad that Egypt lost but in general Sernegal have proven that they should be counted and that they dident qualify to wc through luck

Best wishes for Egypt next game and i hope my beloved Morocco will get a nice start in ANC with a win against Ghana

·
totally innocent
2,227 Posts
I have to say Sabry that Senegal were by far the better team in the game. Egypt today were awful, other than in little spells in the beginning and the end of the game, the did nothing other than defend (which they did well with exception to a few times in the second half when they didn't hold a straight line). I can only think of one clear cut chance, right at the end of the game. The one who impressed was al 7a'9ari. He made some spectacular saves, especially in the second half when Senegal was all over Egypt although the goal was caused by his poor punch.

Senegal have looked the most impressive side so far in the tournament. They looked better than Cameroon today and certainly better than the dissapointing Egypt and South Africa. They've definately sounded the warning shot.

Regarding el Haj Diouf, did you see that fabulous save from al 7a'9ari when he went one on one :D :D :D . Absolutely magnificent. serves him right :) he he he

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Have to agree with you guys. Our defense was great especially Abdel Thaher and Hani Sa3eed, I cant say much about our forwards because they never got the chance ! Our midfield (Barakat and Tarek El Saïd) were really bad and failed to connect with Bibo and Mido. The Senegalese midfield dominated the area and our flanks were useless.

Like HiJazzy said our only chance of the game was through Ahmed Hassan who could have easily scored the equalizer but he decided to add this little bit of artistic touch (which was totally unecessary) and his volley sailed way about the crossbar.

Cant say we deserved to win. All I can say is Gohary MUST go! Enough is enough!

About Diouf, my only problem with him is that he is too cocky. He acts as if he is the only reason why Senegal is playing good though I believe Henry Camara and Fadiga are much better players. He also whines alot, dives alot and certainly argues alot and he has no sportsmanship at all.

Second point is, whatsup with the Senegalese NT ? Why do they hold grudges ? What did our players do ? I mean, sure, we beat them 3 times in the past 4 meetings but this is not a good reason to break Hany Ramzys leg, its not a good reason to sit on Ahmed Hassan TWICE when he is down, and its not a good reason to play that rough.. Man oh man I hate that style of football.

True, Hadary is my man of the match along with Saka and Hany Sa3eed.

Good luck to your countries in the ACN and the Gulf cup respectively.. :)

We still can qualify if we beat Tunisia and Zambia which is certainly doable but given that the great Gohary is our coach I am sure it wont happen.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
HiJazzey said:
Regarding el Haj Diouf, did you see that fabulous save from al 7a'9ari when he went one on one :D :D :D . Absolutely magnificent. serves him right :) he he he
Yes that was a fantastic save. Your keeper looked quite strong to me. With the goal he didn' lok perfect but it wasn't really his fault.

·
Registered
725 Posts
El-Gohary SUCKS!!How can we win without creating a single chance???El-Gohary RULE from WC 1990'Defence then Defence then Defence'......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts