Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will make a good rotation option IMO but we still need to get Yobo and another good starting defender.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
Great transfer for you, folks. As usual, Galatasaray talks big but gets shit, while Fener just does their stuff. I'm also beyond delighted in the fact that you're not completely satisfied with him, because as good as Turkish defender Egemen is he has his limitations and I'm glad you are aware of them. But getting Egemen will fix your depth problem in defence, regardless if you're going to only get one foreign back or two foreign backs, or one foreign back + Ziegler. Class act.

Why the **** did we buy Danny again? Apart from his age and decent skills there are no pros compared to acquiring Egemen...

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
This is a great transfer IMO. He plays well in the league, he is a step above both Bekir and Serdar. The way things are going, we will not be getting a CB from Europe....but a Yobo and Egemen partnership is much better than what we have seen this season.

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
but a Yobo and Egemen partnership is much better than what we have seen this season.
Exactly! And you can save up additional spot for another foreigner somewhere in the middle or in the attack.

The question is, will Egemen and Yobo be good enough for CL, though.

But I do see your point and I agree.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
Well maybe. But the question is will Yobo be playing here this season? I get the feeling that Yobo will not be coming back and if that is the case then an all 4 Turkish D-line will be quite the show to watch.

Also, it is worrying that if that is the case, they have not played together so it will be a disaster. But too early for that.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still think we should get 2 foreign centre backs and a foreign centre mid and get rid of Dia

·
Registered
14,061 Posts
An improvement over Bekir for sure and with this transfer it seems we won't be going for 2 foreign CB's... It'll either be Yobo or someone else I guess.

·
*the drum drum*
42,490 Posts
They stated they were after 2 defenders, not 2 centre backs.

This could be one of two, meaning Yobo might not happen and the other will be Ziegler.

Or, it could be that the chance was there so they just signed him.

Either way, welcome. Not sure what we'll do with three Turkish CBs, but welcome nonetheless.

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
They stated they were after 2 defenders, not 2 centre backs.

This could be one of two, meaning Yobo might not happen and the other will be Ziegler.

Or, it could be that the chance was there so they just signed him.

Either way, welcome. Not sure what we'll do with three Turkish CBs, but welcome nonetheless.

Tell me Zico, what do you see with GG, Bekir, Egemen and Ali. With Volkan and Mehmet Topal and Selcuk Sahin?:howler::howler::howler:

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I had a feeling you would say that. Honestly, we just need a really solid CB besides Bekir. Its fine for the league. But not for the CL. Those players are all NT material except for Selcuk.

·
*the drum drum*
42,490 Posts
What else could I say to that.

The Turkish part of the squad is lookng good but for me the squad is way too big now.

I'll do a bit of a recap of the squad in that brain storm thread later.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Get a foreign centre back or two, then try to get Ziegler on another loan deal. Get a good centre midfielder. Also sign Hamit Altintop. We should then be ready for the season.

·
Müdür müdür müdür
8,433 Posts
for some reason i can see fener transferring quaresma or fernandes too...
However I wouldn't really want to see any of the two playing in turkey other than besiktas.

partly because i think we wouldn't make much money if we were to sell in turkey (clubs are more familiar with our financial desperateness, have more standing ground for deals)
partly the fact that they are good players and wouldn't want to play against them...
also the fact that fener jersey wouldn't really look good on them :-m :)party::party:) (jk)

·
Registered
8,299 Posts
I would take Fernandes in a heartbeat. But I am not sold on Q7, esp on a team like ours. Some of his antics won't go down well. But I would not mind if he were added to the quad, I could see some interesting attacking opportunities with him and Stoch. But his attitude really needs major adjustment.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'd also take Fernandes. Aykut wouldn't stand for Quaresma's antics IMO as Aykut has shown in the past.

I haven't even seen much from him in Besiktas. He's hardly scored.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts