Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interested in the 'Eerste Divisie', 2nd level?

Two nice facts are bottom team Fortuna Sittard broke a negative record, they couldn't win in 26 games, but they did beat TOP Oss in the 27th ;).
Another one is Haarlem, they're unbeaten now for 16 matches, and won a period-title, for the first time in 15 years they won something I believe :D.

Explanation about the playoffs at the end of the season (in Dutch)

Period winners so far (so they participate for sure in the playoffs) are: Excelsior, FC Volendam, FC Zwolle, TOP Oss and Haarlem. They'll be joined with another period-winner, and the two best 2nd level teams without a period title.

I really like 2nd level football, it's often how football should be, buy a ticket an hour before the match, also for away games, very little police, no violence...

My favourite team is VVV-Venlo, some of you have a favourite team here?

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
ADO used to be the team I followed most in the Eerste divisie. The days of good old Mark Wotte there with the likes of Emiel van Eijkeren banging it in for them :D those were the days.

but nowadays not surprisingly my side in it is Excelsior . Done a lot better under Mario Been than under Metgod last year but don't think they'd do much better than RBC to be honest were they to be promoted at least as it stands right now. Interesting will be if we'll loan our youngsters to them next season were they to be promoted or go for better clubs like RKC.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Excelsior used to be the team I liked, but after the way they treated a friend of mine, I've lost a lot of sympathy. Still, they're a Rotterdam based side.

What do you guys think about the fact that amateur sides will be able to win promotion to the eerste divisie in the near future?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So... congrats with the title guys.
FC Den Bosch 0 - 1 Excelsior Rotterdam
FC Dordrecht 5 - 0 VVV-Venlo :googly:

Also Haarlem's run is finished, they lost 0-1 at home to Helmond Sport.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I had hoped for VVV too, since they have been out for a while, but their shit form as of late has surely ruined everything now. Excelsior has no fans and Volendam is just an ugly jojo the last couple of years.

The rest is out of the race already.

For the future still hope on Omniworld of course.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts

:thumbsup:

no Sprokel, v Dieren, Bandjar and Holman next season while there's also interest from eredivisie clubs for Bruins and Slory. Will be very hard also as we'll have less players from our much reduced squad to help them with.

Vincken, Gyan and Pascal B would probably be the players I'd loan to them next season if I was manager.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm very interested in the Dutch 2nd division, now called the Jupiler League. My favourite club, SC Telstar(now called Stormvogels/Telstar :mad: ) from IJmuiden, is playing in this division.

They are playing in the Dutch second division since 1978 when they relegate from the highest division and never went back. They have reacherd the play-offs several times but never made it to promote.

But to be honoust if they promoted it the last few years they would be the RBC from last season.

For this season the highest thing they can reach will be the play-offs, I guess. But it's more important for the club to built a new stand. And hopefully they can start with this in december 2006.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum! And thanks for giving this topic a new boost :D.

Your team is my first division teams' 'angstgegner'... I remember some very poor defeats :(.

As we're talking though, VVV is really doing poor business at the moment, in short what happened:
- the coach (Neumann), a great one for a club like VVV, was totally unexpected fired.
- the best player (Garcia) sold to RKC, in an exchange deal we got some Canadian 'Hughes' back.
- Meeuwis, a very important player, went without troubles to Roda
- the most popular, and a good one, goalie ever, Begois, moved to Helmond Sport, why not even trying to sign him?
- VVV still haven't got a 'hoofdsponsor'
- most hard working player Paul Jans moved for nothing on loan to NEC where he'll be on the bench, while he can be very important for VVV

Not good all these things...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Telstar will play their first friendly against Fenerbahce Istanbul tomorrow evening. The match will be played in Tilburg in the stadium of Willem II and starts at 19:30(local time).

Nieuws Datum: 10-7-2006
FENERBAHÇE TEGEN STORMVOGELSTELSTAR

Woensdag 12 juli speelt Stormvogels Telstar Combinatie een ingelaste oefenwedstrijd tegen de meest beroemde Turkse topclub Fenerbahçe uit Istanbul. De aanvangstijd zal 19.30 uur zijn in het Willem II stadion te Tilburg.

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
hopefully there wont be any riots again like with the Gala match against GBA

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
as we saw last night, the gap between the top and the rest is getting smaller :hopefull: :angel:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Andor said:
:shades: Dordrecht :shades:
:happy: after a 1-1 draw against NAC on wednesday, Dordrecht got another 1-1 draw today against FC Utrecht :shades:

·
Registered
92 Posts
telstar lost with 2-1 against Heerenveen. The goals from Telstar was socred through Jan Bruin. It was a beauty!!! Like Marco van basten did against Den Bosch in the eighties.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
witte leeuw said:
telstar lost with 2-1 against Heerenveen. The goals from Telstar was socred through Jan Bruin. It was a beauty!!! Like Marco van basten did against Den Bosch in the eighties.
First evidence, then I'll believe it :tongue:

What about Telstar - Fenerbahçe? :tongue:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Knoert said:

What about Telstar - Fenerbahçe? :tongue:
I don't have an evidence, you just have to believe me.....

Telstar played really worse against Fenerbahce, but if Telstar played well they would have lost with 4-1 or something like that. Fenerbahce has got a really great team! They are a few classes better than Telstar, simple as that.

They played also very worse against Heerenveen in the first half yesterday. In the second half it looked much better, but on both sides there were a lot of changes at the start of the second half.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Knoert said:

:
This is from our regional newspaper:

Wereldgoal

Gepubliceerd op 16 juli 2006, 22:34

Oudega - Hij zou meteen moeten stoppen. Schoenen aan de wilgen, weg contract. Heerenveen won zaterdag met 2-1 van Stormvogels Telstar, maar er werd vooral over die Fries uit Vélsen gesproken. Met een omhaal stijf in het kruis zorgde hij ervoor dat het publiek in de gemeente Wymbritseradiel waar voor zijn tientje kreeg.

De fysiotherapeut van Telstar moet vandaag overuren maken. Het zal even duren voor hij alle botten van de spits weer op hun juiste plaats heeft gezet. De beweging die de bijna 37-jarige spits maakte in de slotfase van het oefenduel, leek gezien zijn lange lichaam en houterige stijl onmogelijk. Hij liet zich naar achteren vallen, haalde om en zag de bal hard in de kruising verdwijnen.

,,Mwa, hij was wel mooi'', zei de nuchtere Fries zelf, alsof hij ze wekelijks zo maakt. ,,Het was een ingeving en hij zat er aardig in. Stoppen? Nee hoor, denk ik niet aan. In principe is dit mijn laatste seizoen als prof, maar ik zeg nooit nooit. Ik ben wat dat betreft misschien wel een rare jongen.''

De voormalig aanvaller van Cambuur Leeuwarden moest prompt op de foto met de fans van aartsvijand Heerenveen, terwijl veel spelers van Gertjan Verbeek - waar Ugur Yildirim zijn rentree maakte na zijn ruzie met de trainer - zonder krabbels en kiekjes naar de kleedkamer konden.

Lees meer in Dagblad Kennemerland maandag

Evidence enough?

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
witte leeuw said:
Evidence enough?

Just send the paper and I'm convinced ;).

Seriously, must have been a great goal, especially when you imagine it's Jan Bruin scoring such a goal :D.

No one recorded it, no regional TV-stations or whatever? Must be great to see that goal!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Knoert said:

Just send the paper and I'm convinced ;).

Seriously, must have been a great goal, especially when you imagine it's Jan Bruin scoring such a goal :D.

No one recorded it, no regional TV-stations or whatever? Must be great to see that goal!
During the first half I saw them filming, but I didn't see the cameras in the second half. Maybe they saw enough in the first half....

Btw Telstar played last tuesday 1-1 against NEC Nijmegen. Telstar deserved to win, but Wisgerhof scored very luckely for NEC in the 92nd minute.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts