Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
55,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
although I find winter sports not very interesting (except ice hockey maybe), it's time to have a look at the medals our athletes have collected so far.

russia 6 gold 2 silver 5 bronze
estonia 3 - 0 -0
croatia 1 - 1 - 0
czech 0 - 2 - 0
bulgaria 0 - 1 - 0
slovakia 0 - 1 - 0
latvia 0 - 0 - 1
ukraine 0 - 0 - 1

that's 10 - 7 - 7

rest of the world 37 - 42 - 42

so there is still a lot to improve
:rolleyes:

anyway, the most interesting thing there is the ice hockey tournament,
there we have some real contenders for the medals, slovakia, czech rep, russia. I hope the slovaks will make it this time :thumbsup:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
I saw a Meszaros in the slovak team last night against the yanks :shades: I only saw the first 2 periods, who won the match ?

·
Registered
55,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Andor said:
I saw a Meszaros in the slovak team last night against the yanks :shades: I only saw the first 2 periods, who won the match ?
felvidék won it 2-1:)
they also won their next game vs kazakhstan, only 2-1 though, but they lead group b with 4/4 victories. go for gold, I hope :thumbsup:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
Ive heard that we have a hungarian player in the NHL :eek: at Dallas Stars, is that true ?

·
Registered
69,078 Posts
Andor said:
Ive heard that we have a hungarian player in the NHL :eek: at Dallas Stars, is that true ?
He is in the Dallas Stars organization (the own his rights) but he plays for an AHL team, Iowa.

Goran Bezina plays for Switzerland, Phil Oreskovic plays for Toronto (not the Maple Leafs, their OHL team)

·
Registered
55,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HajdukSplit said:
He is in the Dallas Stars organization (the own his rights) but he plays for an AHL team, Iowa.

Goran Bezina plays for Switzerland, Phil Oreskovic plays for Toronto (not the Maple Leafs, their OHL team)
yeah, I think I've heard of a guy playing in some AHL or lower league club, can it be a guy called Vass or something? because NHL, no hungarian has ever played there, except of course, for the slovak hungarians, pálffy, sátán and so on.

·
Registered
55,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
to olympics, it's a bit embarassing to admit, but secretly I also support the finns in the ice hockey tournament, well they are the hungarians' northern cousins after all, and they also play well this time.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
sanyi said:
the worst thing in it is that the germans lead the medal table :scared:
hope the yanks and the ruskies will be able to overtake them :cool:
I believe that Germany will be on first place,united states might have a chance if they continue to win that shit of halfpipes and snowboard .... :tongue:

Russia, it is very unlikely for them to win more five or six gold medals....

And Norway is having a horrible games in terms of gold medals.... :dazed: :eekani:

Nice to see a small country like Estonia with tree gold medals so far.... :thumbsup: :)

·
Registered
55,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kleber said:
I believe that Germany will be on first place,united states might have a chance if they continue to win that shit of halfpipes and snowboard .... :tongue:
germany on no.1 frightens me :scared:

And Norway is having a horrible games in terms of gold medals.... :dazed: :eekani:
they have hell of a lot silvers

Nice to see a small country like Estonia with tree gold medals so far.... :thumbsup: :)
true, eesti :thumbsup:

·
Registered
27,119 Posts
Ed Jovanovski got injured a month ago so he couldnt play for team Canada :(

btw Latvia has had huge support in Torino especially for there hockey team, is there a big Latvian population in Turin or do there fans always travel like that?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts