·
Registered
66,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,742

·
Registered
66,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,743
Switzerland 3 - 1 Latvia. The group stages are really about these second tier sides and how they've improved based on playing one another, that's why I've always found them more intriguing than the games involving the big teams.

·
Registered
69,191 Posts
There's probably more Canadians on teams like South Korea and Kazakhstan than GB honestly, from what I see most of the guys are GB natives with couple Canadians (2-3 at most), and even those were low level minor leaguers.

South Korea last year had 6 Canadians; 2 with limited NHL experience
Kazakhstan had 4-5 at least and some of them were guys with 100+ NHL games under their belt (Nigel Dawes, Dustin Boyd and Dallman)
Even 'hockey nation' Belarus have some Canadians

·
Registered
66,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,747
There's probably more Canadians on teams like South Korea and Kazakhstan than GB honestly, from what I see most of the guys are GB natives with couple Canadians (2-3 at most), and even those were low level minor leaguers.

South Korea last year had 6 Canadians; 2 with limited NHL experience
Kazakhstan had 4-5 at least and some of them were guys with 100+ NHL games under their belt (Nigel Dawes, Dustin Boyd and Dallman)
Even 'hockey nation' Belarus​
have some Canadians
:howler:

·
Registered
69,191 Posts
USA 3 - 2 Finland

btw this Kaako kid is a monster, reminds me of Forsberg.
Devils will still probably take Hughes #1, he and Kakko will be compared to for the next 10 years, especially as they will be cross town rivals essentially. Both Rangers and Islanders have some Russian prospects coming through, the ones of the Rangers (Kravtsov and Shesterkin both signed their ELC recent weeks). The Islanders have Sorokin but it seems like he will stay in Russia for the near future

·
Registered
66,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,758
Devils will still probably take Hughes #1, he and Kakko will be compared to for the next 10 years, especially as they will be cross town rivals essentially. Both Rangers and Islanders have some Russian prospects coming through, the ones of the Rangers (Kravtsov and Shesterkin both signed their ELC recent weeks). The Islanders have Sorokin but it seems like he will stay in Russia for the near future
You see that one shift he had? Sweet Jesus.

3741 - 3760 of 3885 Posts