Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A phenomenon talent playing in arguably the best South American team right now, Universidad de Chile. Probably the second best talent coming from South America after Neymar.

Chelsea and Inter Milan among other teams are interested. I hope he stays around till next year so that he could play in the Libertadores.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No way. Neymar is an elite-level player, while Vargas is not even world class yet (though with a potential to be).

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
Doubt he'll be a real top level star, but this kid is a fantastic player, no doubt about it.

I know everyone will look at his speed first and say 'wow' - but what impress me the most is unlike the Lavezzi type, which he plays imo similar to - Vargas also has "it" in terms of movement into the area like a real striker, and the insticts of one aswell - pretty rare nowadays, especiely to his type of player.

Although when you first look at him you'll place him at the wing - this kid plays ALOT better in the middle as a 2nd striker or even as a first. his timing in his movement, the way he signals his teammates where to pass and creates the chance with how he moves, was very suprising to me.

Also his first touch is quite simply devine. especiely with his back to the goal... the way he's able to controll almost every ball given to him with such class and touch is amazing... but the wierd thing is that touch and class doesn't translate in his dribble, where he rely more on his speed then anything, and can be pretty predictable.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, his dribbling is surprisingly just good for a player with so much technical mastery of the ball.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it seems Napoli has picked him. What a brilliant signing. Lavezzi-Cavani-Vargas...bench Hamsik!

·
The one who was Bella
20,196 Posts
I'm sure it's to be Lavezzi's replacment if true atleast for next season, again like I said Lavezzi was the first comparasent that came to my mind when I saw him at first.

Any link btw? great pickup if true.. shame Branca is still a lazy ass =/

1 - 8 of 8 Posts