Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger expects striker Eduardo to return from injury by mid-November.

The Croatia international suffered an horrific broken leg against Birmingham back in February following a challenge by Martin Taylor.

Eduardo's rehabilitation has been progressing well and Wenger has confirmed he could return to action next month.

The 25-year-old signed for the Gunners from Dynamo Zagreb in 2007 and netted 12 goals in 31 appearances before he suffered the break.

Wenger said: "Eduardo is three weeks away from playing competitive football."

However, Tomas Rosicky is not likely to return from a hamstring problem until after Christmas.

Source http://dnevnohr.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5229

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
Cheers for that robyphoto. Excellent news, though I hope he isn't rushed back into games as the Arsenal aren't short of strikers at the moment.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
this was posted in the eduardo thread. but its good to see he's on the verge of returning to football. but i dont think we'll see him till mid dec or even january.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Legend in the making!

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
And I need you now tonight. And I need you more than ever! Come back Eddie, we need you!

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
we need him but our strikers are actually in form right now. what we need is a proper dmf. but its good to see eduardo coming back from injury

·
Premium Member
11,822 Posts
His return should really boost the morale within the squad. His injury was considered a factor to the failings suffered in the league last year, so his return could have a positive effect and perhaps drive the team on to some form of success. I hope so anyway.

·
Registered
22,802 Posts
I agree GM, I will be the happiest when he starts scoring for Arsenal and fot my NT !

I just hope he is not rushed back!

DUDU DUDU DUDU !!

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
can't wait to see him, blimey, we need a lift after Wednesday night.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Any chance he could be back for Wigan in 11 days?
i seriously doubt it. im guessing wenger is saying he's ready to play but he certainly aint fit enough yet. he's been out for 8-9months already. he needs another month minimum i'd say.

·
Registered
13,606 Posts
heard that dudu might be in the squad for cc match with wiga, but now looking at the bbc i see that he's not a contender...

have there been any news as to when is he expected to return?

·
Arsenalation
2,036 Posts
Is Rosicky<3 the ultimate xtratime femme or what? I digress....

I think I'll shed a tear when Eduardo makes his return....kinda the same thing as when Pires stepped back after his cruciate injury onto the field against Auxerre.... It will be a day to remember!

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
some more comeback related news, im worried.

Arsenal's Czech Republic midfielder Tomas Rosicky has undergone more surgery on his injured left knee.

Rosicky has not played since January when he suffered the tendon injury in an FA Cup match against Newcastle.

The 28-year-old Czech Republic captain, who was operated on in Germany on Tuesday, first had surgery in May.

"The operation went as planned and Tomas will now spend at least a few weeks convalescing in Germany," said an Arsenal statement.

"Thereafter he will follow a tailored rehabilitation programme devised by our medical team."

Last month Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said he was hopeful Rosicky would be back in action before the end of the year.

Rosicky has made just 61 first-team appearances for Arsenal since joining from Borussia Dortmund in May 2006.

·
&#49548;&#50896;&#51012; &#47568;&#54644;&#48400;
5,413 Posts
worried about tomas rosicky. if he's out any longer i can see him retiring or something.. an injury keeping him out for so long might make him worry about his future for the club. :(

1 - 20 of 115 Posts