Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wenger in Marca: "If we don't find a solution he will go to another team soon... I think he will leave Arsenal" When a reporter mentioned Valencia, he said "if I had to bet I'd say that's the team"

http://www.marca.es/edicion/noticia/0,2458,585083,00.html

Edú... it would be great if Valencia signed him :star:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ranieri Wants Edu Now

Valencia boss Claudio Ranieri has revealed his desire to sign Brazilian midfielder Edu from Arsenal during the January transfer window.
Edu looks certain to leave Highbury one-way or another having rejected their offer of a new contract.

He will be available on a free transfer at the end of the season, but Ranieri is keen to move early if Arsenal are willing to cash in on the player.

"This player could be key to my efforts," said Ranieri.

"If Arsenal are prepared to discuss the move then Valencia will make the effort to sign him."

www.goal.com

·
MoMo
6,835 Posts
Good player. Would give us strong competition for the midfield and that would be great. Another good point is that he can pair with both, Baraja and Albelda.

It would be a good signing especially when you consider that we are getting for free! :thmbup:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MoMo said:
Good player. Would give us strong competition for the midfield and that would be great. Another good point is that he can pair with both, Baraja and Albelda.
Yep, I agree.

Well, let's see what happens until the end of the transfer market (Jan 31).

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Edu Wants To Leave Highbury This Month

Arsenal’s Brazilian international midfielder Edu is now seeking a move away from Highbury before the end of the month. Edu has failed to agree a new deal with the Gunners, whose manager Arsene Wenger does not want to risk losing the player him for no fee when his contract expires in the summer and he becomes a free agent.

"I have better proposals from other clubs, so now I’m sure I want to leave," Edu, 26, told the Daily Mail.

"I would like to go as soon as possible. It’s good for me to go now and good for Arsenal."

Edu has persistently been linked with a move to Spain, where Valencia are believed to be favourites for his signature, of Real Madrid and Barcelona, though the player himself has spoken of his dream of playing for Barca.

"I’d like to go to Spain, but you never know," he said.

"I have other situations to look at too. We’re talking about the biggest clubs in Spain, but there are only a few days left before the end of January, so I have to keep a cool head and decide well."

Wenger said on Friday that he was resigned to Edu’s departure.

"I thought we made some progress but now my belief is more that he will go to a different club and I would bet on it being Valencia," said Wenger.

"I’m disappointed. I would have loved him to stay but he is free to choose."

www.goal.com

·
Registered
376 Posts
i don't know what Ranieri thinking about.Albelda and Baraja surely line-up.Same position as Edu,we've got De los Santos,Parri both on loan,Sissoko and even Fiore can play this position.Did u Ranieri forget before the season,how many players surplus in squad and can not selling.Free not means no cost,we still have to pay the wage.It's really stupid to take one DM and loan out 2 DMs.The same next season,why not just try young Parri as sub of Albelda and Baraja?

·
Registered
300 Posts
edu for us!!!! that will be great cos we need a back up for players like baraja and albelda. well you say that we should try out players that are coming through the feeders well that is also good for the team cos we are really in need of large squad for us to push for the cl spot. edu is fantastic and i hope he signs quickly. :thmbup:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Edu is overrated. He's alot like Joaquin of last season in that he has so damn inconsistant, and Edu can never put a string of games together either. He is capable of coming in and doing his job, but I remember last season when he played seven or eight games in a row, and we were all calling for him to be dropped toward the end of it.

He's an alright bench player though but he is by no means world class. At least the benches are warmer in Spain :D

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
He was impressive in the mid of last season, such as against Celta. He does have potential. I think he is a bit inconsistent, but not as much as khimik said. (Sorry, you didn't seem to say the same if he didn't want to leave.) Edu may be too "soft" for you. He may just work like Jorge Lopez or Cannobio that you loaned out.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Ivan Helguera said:
(Sorry, you didn't seem to say the same if he didn't want to leave.)
I never rated Edu that highly, at least not as highly as some Gooners did. He can be good half the time but completely rubbish the next. He's decent at controlling the tempo of the game when he's playing well and was easily the most attacking minded of our central midfielders.

However Edu's passing is erratic and often he'll send a ball too long or too short, or take too long to get rid of it and be dispossed by a strong DM like a Roy Keane or a Claude Makelele.

He's a big game performer, though, and usually does well against Spanish and Italian teams when we played them in Europe. Whether he's consistant enough to be a first team regular is doubtful, though.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I think that someone said that before, but... Edu is a good player, but who are you going to bench/sell to leave him a place: Albelda or Baraja? Why don't you spend your money in a mega striker that is what you need since looooong ago?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Koeman4 said:
I think that someone said that before, but... Edu is a good player, but who are you going to bench/sell to leave him a place: Albelda or Baraja? Why don't you spend your money in a mega striker that is what you need since looooong ago?
Yes, we probably need a striker... but if Edu comes the squad will have more depth, and he's for sure a good player, so I hope he comes to Valencia. We'll need him when we face Liga and UEFA Cup at the same time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
edu is a fantastic player and he would be a nice buy .if he did not do well in the gunners colours is that a criterion for him to fail at los ches,that is capital NO.as for selling someone to get him a place in the team that is not proper ,yes we need a striker cos those italians fools are not delivering but still yet we need them to get assurance of fighting for a cl place and the uefa cup cos large squad is needed to get this two big task done so we are not seeling and edu will be welcomed who knows he may even fit in into the role of the injured vicente for the remaining days that vicente will return cos he is a good left footer.

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
I'm one of Arsenal fans who think highly of Edu. He is not world class player, but he is a great one. Can play as winger as well as central midfielder and very good in dead ball situation especially in opponent penalty area.

Of course, I would be sad to see him leave. Besides, we are the one who developed him into a player he is now. But it is not the first time we lost our important member of the squad, so I will bid him good luck if he chooses to leave. And I'd be glad and happy to see Valencia as his next destination.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts