Xtratime Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cachorro
18,741 Posts
"The Animal" Stampeded Away!

Well, after he left Napoli he still scratched up some jobs in Brazil, he played for a while at Vasco, then for another period he was at Cruzeiro - Cruzeiro had supposedly built a "superteam" with Edmundo, (Parma's) Alex, (Colombian international) Rincon, along with some others. That "superteam" crashed and burned, as most "superteam" projects usually do. :rolleyes:

After that Edmundo's options became severly restricted. The Brazilian clubs aren't capable of paying European-level wages anymore - they tried that for a while during the past few years, and that brought most BRA clubs to the brink of bankrupcy. European clubs apparently don't trust Edmundo anymore, and that door is closed as well for him. So Edmundo went to China.

He's currently playing at a Chinese team, unless I'm severely mistaken. The general consensus about him is that he has shiit-for-brains, aside from being unprofessional. He also refuses to lower his wage demands, insisting on earning European-level wages even when Europe doesn't want him anymore. No National Team coach takes Edmundo seriously anymore either; we've had FOUR coaches during the past four years, and not one of them ever called Edmundo.

So that's where he is: forgotten in some club in China, together with all that wasted talent and his huge ego. I'll tell you something else: He's not missed, and he has few admirers. Sad, huh?

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
He is Japan making loads of $$$$$$ 200,000 dollars a month!

I admire his football, however today he only plays for money and does not give a crap about nothing

He spent 1 day in prison.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts