Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they brazilian 23 year old defender edmilson from sau paulo is signed and he will probably replace dixon,as you know winterburn was replaced mostly of the season by silvinho
who also was called up for the national team.
i wonder what will happen to the "classic 5" of arsenal.
more than 60 years in the club together,but that time is over......
seaman may also be replaced but im not sure who will be the new keeper,maybe ulrich rame from france.
im not an arsenal fan but im sure i can update the news better than any of you,ok not driver x,he's an expert.
anyway what do you think about this guy?

B

·
0 Posts
Thanks for the news nick.

Arsenals "classic 5" is well and truelly finished. It finished last season with silvinho emigrating to our leftwing, and the frailty of our defence last season, as well as adams aging limbs. Underlines the fact that change should of probably occured sooner, albeit the weakness of our defence was exacerbated last season by the absence of matty upson.

Seaman continues to deteriorate, and fast, some of his goalkeeping against portugal was risable. He needs to be replaced. I'm not sure whether manninger will be up to the task, although a good shot stopper, he seems unable to command the penalty area with any degree of confidence. There are no quality keepers available in british football, so rame would be an option, though I think we will face stiff competition from monaco if we take that particular route. In the end though, wenger will probably stick with him for one more season.....big mistake

Dixon had a reasonable season, but was totally crap against the turks. We bought luzny last season to replace him, unfortunatly he didn't, which is a scary thought. Lauren can play in that position, though with the probability of pires signing receeding by the minute, I think it more likely that he will take up a place at rm. Of course if this brazilian bloke has been signed, than that's sorted. Maybe.

Keown was good last season, as always. He should be able to last at least a couple more years, so there is no immediate need to replace him.

And our mighty captain. Well....when he plays he usually plays great. A mighty sentinel barring the way to our goal from all intruders, unfortunatly he plays less, and less, and less. Wenger has already said that he wants to give him at least a months rest at the beginning of next season, and with upson also out during that period..... We must buy now, otherwise we could concede any chance of the championship, within the space of the first couple of months. Keown and grimandi, with luzny as back-up....please no. Wenger has apparently been keeping tabs on joos valgearn, though I don't know a great deal about him. Villa's rejects would also be an option, but neither ehiogu or southgate are sutible in my opinion. Ehiogu can't pass, southgate can't defend, and niether are any good.

Thanks for the service david, lee, and tony. But, everything comes to an end, and the end is nigh.

[Edited by blitheid on 15-06-2000 at 20:24]

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
the five was going to break up sooner than later
it should have broken up last season, but wenger has put his trust into them
next season should become the season where seaman becomes 2nd choice or moves to another club, adams is given a rest, keown starts, and dixon and winterburn either on the bench or at another club
valgearn isnt really proven at high levels, so buy him, and use him as backup
ehiogu or southgate would be nice, especially ehiogu, who i think should be in the national team
wat's happened to the junior baiano rumour? :confused:

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i heard of the junior baiano rumour,but it was just one of many crazy rumours,baiano is not good enough for a big club
he played in germany a couple of years ago and was a huge flop,he's already 30 and not on top anymore,what would arsenal do with him?

J

·
0 Posts
Rame is a good keeper but i am not sure if he would do it at ARSENAL...
if u guys want quality in the defence or it's either
F.COUTO or BETO manchester is crazy 4 him...

we shall see...

D

·
0 Posts
Arsenal are the lastest in the race for defender Mirkovic

Arsenal are the latest English club to be linked with a move for Zoran Mirkovic but the Juventus defender could end up in Turkey with Fenerbahce.
Italian sources insist that Leeds are hoping to bring the Yugoslavian international to Elland Road, while Arsene Wenger has also been alerted to the fact that Juventus appear willing to allow the 28-year-old to move on.

Mirkovic, left out of the Yugoslavia squad for Euro 2000 after picking up a three-match suspension, is also being lined up for a move to Istanbul, with Fenerbahce offering a lucrative deal to the player.

Juve are rumoured to be looking for a fee close to £5 million, and that is certainly within David O'Leary and Wenger's budgets, but it appears as though there is fresh competition for his services.

Formerly with Atalanta, the Serbian looks willing to accept the prospect of a new opportunity abroad, after joining Juve during the 1998/99 season. One of his best assets is his versatility with Carlo Ancelotti confirming: "He has proved he can be successfully deployed in a number of defensive formations."

Although his favoured position is right back, he can also play on the left side, or indeed on the right of a three-man backline.

With both Leeds and Arsenal engaged in Champions League action next season, defensive resources will be crucial to their chances of success and it is not difficult to see why Mirkovic is an attractive option.

Beto will probably go to Manchester United or stay in Portugal, and Fernando Couto will most likely stay in the Serie A, not necessarily with Lazio.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
he once said he was afraid for the tough epl league,and he was build for a another type of way to play,but i was sure he had signed anyway......and why fenerbache?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts