Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 493 Posts

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Man City have agreed a £27m fee with Wolfsburg for Dzeko. Deal unlikely to be finalised til Tues at earliest, though
http://twitter.com/MOgdenTelegraph

Mirror's David McDonnell has this too now...

Fee of £27m agreed between Man City and Wolfsburg for Dzeko. Player expected in Manchester for medical and formally sign on Tues

Discomirror on Twitter in case you think I'm making it up

EDIT: i forgot to say this
Dobrodošli u Manchester City, Edin Dzeko, da samo manchestersko momčad :D

translation: welcome to manchester city Edin Dzeko, to the only manchester team :D

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Only 27 mil? Nah, its bullshit :)
lol i think thats more than enough and good signing for us, he is gona be great :D
david silva will flourish with him, because he is good at putting through balls and picking out players, and dzeko is always lurking in the box, gona be our torres, but better :D

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
Dzeko will fill the void that Man City has with the aerial battleground. But let me get this straight, he did not break the break the bundesliga transfer record? What a shame after all these months.

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Glad to see the money I'm paying for parking spots in Abu Dhabi is in good hands...

10th striker these past 2 seasons eh?

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There are add ons to the deal.

Really big ones most probably.
i dont think so, i think that was the old deal. it was... "City pledged around £28million up front, with extras for Champions League qualification taking the overall amount to close on £35m."
but i guess we got him for cheaper

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
...............dzeko
......silva............tevez
................yaya

what a scary attack, and not to mention having balotelli, johnson and milner on the bench, and who knows who else we will sign to replace the departures of adebayor, santa-cruz, swp and jo :D :D :D

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
i dont think so, i think that was the old deal. it was... "City pledged around £28million up front, with extras for Champions League qualification taking the overall amount to close on £35m."
but i guess we got him for cheaper
MANCHESTER CITY have agreed a £27million cut-price fee with Wolfsburg for striker Edin Dzeko.
And they hope the highly-rated Bosnian hitman will be their player by the end of this week.

Representatives from Eastlands thrashed out a deal with Steve McClaren's struggling Bundesliga club over the weekend.

Now all that remains is to finalise personal terms and go through the small print with Dzeko.

He is likely to be offered a five-year deal worth around £100,000 a week and City do not expect any stumbling blocks.

However, with today's Bank Holiday and a key trip to Arsenal in midweek, it could be a few days before everything is finalised. That means he is unlikely to be registered in time for next weekend's FA Cup tie against Leicester.

So a realistic target for Dzeko to make his debut would be the home match against basement boys Wolves on January 15.

Wolfsburg told City last month they wanted £38million for him, so the final price - which is likely to include add-ons - represents a good deal for City.

If they get their man, it will end an 18-month pursuit of the 24-year-old.

Serie A giants Juventus also tracked Dzeko but City were always confident of getting their man.

Dzeko has scored 10 goals this season, taking his tally to 66 in 111 games for Wolfsburg since he joined from FK Teplice.

His arrival is likely to hasten the departures of Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor.

http://www.thesun.co...Edin-Dzeko.html

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MANCHESTER CITY have agreed a £27million cut-price fee with Wolfsburg for striker Edin Dzeko.
And they hope the highly-rated Bosnian hitman will be their player by the end of this week.

Representatives from Eastlands thrashed out a deal with Steve McClaren's struggling Bundesliga club over the weekend.

Now all that remains is to finalise personal terms and go through the small print with Dzeko.

He is likely to be offered a five-year deal worth around £100,000 a week and City do not expect any stumbling blocks.

However, with today's Bank Holiday and a key trip to Arsenal in midweek, it could be a few days before everything is finalised. That means he is unlikely to be registered in time for next weekend's FA Cup tie against Leicester.

So a realistic target for Dzeko to make his debut would be the home match against basement boys Wolves on January 15.

Wolfsburg told City last month they wanted £38million for him, so the final price - which is likely to include add-ons - represents a good deal for City.

If they get their man, it will end an 18-month pursuit of the 24-year-old.

Serie A giants Juventus also tracked Dzeko but City were always confident of getting their man.

Dzeko has scored 10 goals this season, taking his tally to 66 in 111 games for Wolfsburg since he joined from FK Teplice.

His arrival is likely to hasten the departures of Roque Santa Cruz and Emmanuel Adebayor.

http://www.thesun.co...Edin-Dzeko.html
that doesnt mean anything, we can also "likely" sign messi, but there is no proof in that. anyways ill wait till its finished to see how much we splashed, but i doubt it will be alot, because we are cutting down spending due to uefa's new rules.
and him being on 100,000 wage is not bad, i thought it would be like 150,000 because he was asking for 180,000.
but i guess he realized that with 100,000 a week wage, he can buy half of "srpska republika" back in a month lmao ;)

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
Well none of this is really "proof" until it's announced on the man city website so we might as well delete this thread :) But 100.000 a week is nothing when the taxes are 50-60 percent.

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well none of this is really "proof" until it's announced on the man city website so we might as well delete this thread :) But 100.000 a week is nothing when the taxes are 50-60 percent.
dzeko to city is a done deal, we knew this for a while.
and earning 233,812 euros a month after taxes is not bad at all

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
mate, I have been following this transfer saga for two years, it ain't over till the fat lady sings and I am waiting for Man City to sing so we have the proof :)

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i just noticed that Dzeko is not cup tied :D he is gona be a real good addition, not just in EPL but in Europe also :D :D im excited about this trasnfer

·
Banned
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mate, I have been following this transfer saga for two years, it ain't over till the fat lady sings and I am waiting for Man City to sing so we have the proof :)
it has been done :D:howler:

[tub]gb7nwoQVkQE[/tub]

·
Zmajevici !
7,478 Posts
i just noticed that Dzeko is not cup tied :D he is gona be a real good addition, not just in EPL but in Europe also :D :D im excited about this trasnfer
Me too, us Bosnians have been waiting so long for this transfer :)
Man City has only 1 header goal this season and Dzeko will be all over that, an elegant solution to Man City's "problem".

1 - 20 of 493 Posts