Xtratime Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember reading about a young future star named Edgar. I believe he is a defender and was tabbed as a prized young player. Where'd he go? I haven't heard about him since I read that article a year or so ago.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
The only Edgar I know is the striker that plays for Malaga. He is on loan from Real Madrid I think.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

D

·
0 Posts
I'm sure there is another Edgar somewhere that is a defender. I've heard of him too but can't remember where he is now :( But I bought him in CM2!!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
he is very talented...but got a very bad injury this season. I don't think that he will ever be the same guy again.....we have to focus on Sousa, Bakero and Sabrosa as our future.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

http://www.fcporto-online.com

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Who does he play for and what position?

J

·
0 Posts
yes edgar pacheco the one that plays for malaga is a player and a half.
while the defender i can't see who it is.
there is also edgar caseiro who isn't bad...

forca dragoes

L

·
0 Posts
He's a sub-18 national team player, currently in the 2nd Liga. I'm not sure where.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't realize there were so many Edgars. The one I speak of was featured in World Soccer a few years ago as one of the top rising stars. I think he was rated just behind Felipe of Brazil in second place. I thought he was a defender, but he could have been midfield. He has played with the National team at some point because he was pictured in the national team shirt.

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, I re-read the article and this Edgar comes from Angola and played for Benfica until they let his contract expire. He then went to Real Madrid. Since then I have heard nothing. I guess this is the guy who now plays for Malaga. How's he doing? I've never even heard of Malaga. Are they first division?

D

·
0 Posts
Yes Daeone, Malaga are in the Spanish First Division and Edgar hasn't done too badly at there. Unfortunately though it's fellow striker Catanha who is Malaga's top scorer this season.
Edgar started the season well with several goals, but now I aint seen him on the score sheet for a while, so whether he is injured or not getting into the team, I do not know, maybe someone else can tell me!
It seems that Forum power can put all the facts together :)

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
if I recall correctly Edgar suffered a very severe knee injury.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Edgar ex benfica and u21 captain tore some knee ligaments about 2 months ago and is out for about 8 months.
The other edgar u18 defender I think plays for torrense.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Yes its true, he is injured. Too bad, cos he was doing quite good at Malaga. A couple of years ago, he was one of the stars in the U-21 euros along with Carlitos. He made some sort of goal record. I think this was around the time you saw that article Daeone.

------------------
SEMPRE VIOLA!

J

·
0 Posts
danone the article you are talking about is the one with michael owen on the cover it refers to edgar pacheco (malaga player) i have that mag here at home...
he has had a bad injury.

------------------
FORCA PORTUGAL
FORCA DRAGOES

·
Registered
27,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for all the help, fellas. Can anyone tell me what the prognosis is for his recovery? He sounds too good to lose so early in his career. Is the injury career threatening or just requiring long rehab?

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
knee injuries are always tough to come back from. I hope all the best for him. By the way I think Real sold him to Malaga....I don't think they loaned him.

------------------
FOREVER PORTO!
FOREVER THE NORTH!
SEMPRE PORTUGAL!

J

·
0 Posts
well good luck to the fella he is a top player and his mate agostinho isn't bad either lets hope these youth talents can help us up to

------------------
FORCA PORTUGAL
FORCA DRAGOES

1 - 17 of 17 Posts