Xtratime Community banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
totally correct Jan A.
the guy was AMAZING....also Nelinho (that right back that scored that beauty agaisnt italy in 78) had a vry powerful shot.
Funnily enough they played for the same team , Atletico-MG.....and got second place in the 1980 final agaisnt Flamengo. That game is a historical game..two great teams.
One side the powerful flamengo of Zico, Adilio, Nunes, Leandro, Junior, Marinho, raul etc..
And the other the powerful Atletico with Luisinho, Reinaldo, Eder, Toninho Cerezo, Nelinho etc.....
Flamengo won the battles, and after that final the it was firmed the biggest inter state rivarly of Brazilian club football Atletico-Mg and Flamengo. Of course Atletico fans hate more Flamengo than Flamengo hate Atletico.

Also coming back to Eder, he din't go to the 86 Wc, cause in a friendly agaisnt Peru , he ounched a Peruvian player for nothing..and the player felt unconcious on the floor. :(
Tele Santana did not admit indiscipline or foul play in any of his teams.

And adding to great powerful kicks..branco had a very powerful one also! He killed a Scottish player i think, after the 90 WC.

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL
Pelo Corinthians, com muito amor...ate o fim.
LHP - THE WORLD IS OURS!!!

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Tony,
Eder was more powerful than Roberto Carlos. I don't know if yuo guys saw the game...it was a Brazil x Argeitna in the Maracana in 84, Fillol was playing for Flamengo at that time. Eder kicked about 4 free kicks and right in the the juction of the post and the corss bar..Fillol went their and got all of tehm..irt was unbelivable.
That day, everyonw was expecting a good performance by maradona , but who shined was an unkown player called Jacozinho! :)

JOsimar' s career went down after the 86 WC....actually that's all he donw in his career was that WC....the rest was sniffing cocaine. He got a late call for the cup, as Leandro refused to go to the cup beacause Renato Gaucho had been dropped. Then Tele caleld Josimar as a late call......Edson got injured and Josimar took his place and shined to the world :)

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
Well, as far as I remeber he took the hard ones...cause Zico was the master in the close ones....only Neto (played in late 80's early 90's) could be comparable to him ever in the world!
Zico was such a master that he taught Marcelinho when he was a youngster in Flamengo..and made be Marcelinho the best freee kick taker of the world (short balls and long)
I only remeber Eder taking the long blasting ones......Branco and Roberto Carlos follwoed his style

------------------
GAVIOES DA FIEL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts