Xtratime Community banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
eder was powerful, yes, but i remember him more for the magnificent soft and accurate touch he had with the ball. in the 82 world cup, in the first game against russia he scored one of the best world cup goals ever. brazil had been losing 1-0 for the whole match until socrates tied it in the 79th minute. everyone thought it would be a draw. but then junior got the ball on the right near the corner flag. he cut the ball back to FALCAO, who let it go through his legs. eder was running in full stride and he flicked the ball in the air and -- still running -- hit a swerving volley that flew into the back of the net. the russian goalkeeper didn't move. he might have heard the ball, but he didn't see it!!!!!

then against scotland, eder got the ball on the left about a third of the way out and delicately chipped the goalkeeper from the edge of the penalty area. the goalie looked like a little girl watching the ball float over his head. real class by eder! i love him.

a guy who works with me is friends with eder from when they were kids. i think they are both from minas gerais, but i might be wrong. i have some pictures of eder from about a year ago. i'll try to scan them and email them to you folks if you're interested. eder has black and grey hair now and he's got a little bit of a belly, but he still looks very good. he plays some exhibition matches with zico, junior and some of the other guys from back then.

ze da fiel, did eder ever take any free kicks like zico or were they all power shots like roberto carlos? i don't think i ever saw him take a soft one.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts