Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'd love to see Rangers sign him if only to have the newspaper headlines of "Pope signs for Rangers" ;)

more seriously though i hope we go after Beasley. Judging from todays performance he is still a bit raw but has tremendous potential - similiar to Lovenkrands in both respects, and i'd love to see them play together going down each wing and running teams ragged! Plus it might be a good commercial move to sign another American (we didn't take advantage of Reyna commercially, i feel) but i get the impression Beasley could become a semi-superstar in US football!

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
I could list at least 50 players under 21, Rangers could get for cheap and sell on for a profit but I can't get my voice heard. I'm related to Big Eck' but quite distant so I very rarely see him.

We're too late for Beasley but this should be a wake-up to Rangers and Celtic to get the scouts out in these obscure countries.

There is a massive amount of top class players waiting to be snapped up but instead Rangers usually waste it on 30 something's which we make a loss on.

Hopefully with Arteta the tide is turning.

·
Registered
892 Posts
I agree there. We never look to obscure countries as you have just said yet you always see the Spanish and Italian teams buying them. It is about time we started looking regulary in South and North America.

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Wouldn't mind some Asian flair or African power at the Brox either :)

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
ChelseaBear said:
I'm related to Big Eck' but quite distant so I very rarely see him.
arent rangers fans ALL related in some way or another? :D:D:D hehehehehe :howler:

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
:D Very funny.......usually used in Irish jokes though, non? :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts