Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Extremely shocking, this. It's kinda wierd to think that someone be that upset by Vertstappen's failure to land a drive.

Eddie Jordan has revealed he has received death threats after snubbing Jos Verstappen in favour of Giorgio Pantano.

Outraged Verstappen fans have responded by sending the Irish team boss a barrage of angry missives, ranging from wishing Jordan and his family dead, to hoping that his drivers Nick Heidfeld and Pantano crashed and the team went bankrupt.

"I have been absolutely stunned by the menace and vitriol these messages have contained," Jordan told The Sun. "At first I shrugged them off but they became stronger and stronger and I feel it’s time speak out and make the comments public.

"It’s become really unpleasant to think there are people in this world who could even think of sending these dreadful messages just because I didn’t sign a driver. I’ve never known anything like it in the 30-odd years I’ve been involved in motor racing.

"Since I signed Pantano, I’ve received hundreds of e-mails ranging from wishing me and my family dead to the team going broke."

One letter is said to have simply stated '16 million Dutch people hate you', but Jordan insists it was Verstappen's unreasonable wage demands that proved to be the deal-breaker.

"I really wanted Jos because he has great experience and knows how to bring a car home," Jordan said. "But his manager asked for sky-high commission and after lengthy talks, enough was enough and I went for Pantano.

"I hope the hate mail ends and Verstappen’s management have said they are trying to calm the situation."

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
I think Verstappen-fans should be happy that JV isn't driving for Jordan. With the same engine Jaguar is 2nd on the grid while Heidfeld is 15th. The gap is almost 3 seconds.....:rollani:

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As a team there's no way Jaguar are 3 seconds faster than Jordan. It' sMark Webber who is 3 seconds faster than the Jordans. If you look at the other 3 drivers Jaguar have had in the past 2 seasons, they'll a few grid places better than Jordan.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts