Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who should play along side Eddie(lightning))!

Me....Dempsey(thunder)! He has no brain cells n will run into a tank.....N he is a good dribbler n a good header!

Thunder n lightning!

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Im feeling ur pick thier

·
Banned
3,551 Posts
Dempsey is alright, although I don't know if he is necessarily the best choice for his companion. Maybe in a few years, but now I don't believe he has what he takes at the top level.

Call me crazy, but I think Clint Mathis would be an ideal partner. I still have fond memories of Mathis - Wolff in the 2002 World Cup QF, and I think that it would work with Johnson replacing Wolff this time. Johnson is bigger, better in the air, and a better finisher than Wolff was. You put this alongside his speed (same as Wolff's) and it works well.

Mathis is a great partner because the man has vision, can play slightly behind as a more withdrawn striker, sets up goals, and is a threat on his own, relieving some of the pressure off of Johnson's shoulders.

Mathis - Johnson :thmbup:

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
Isaac said:
Mathis - Johnson :thmbup:
I doubt it. Bruce doesn't seem to have that much faith in Mathis since the WC, although I would like to see him feature again. As you said he would be able to drop back to pick up the ball from midfield.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mathis is a lazy , stumbling in n out of bars fool. Da dude owns kegs!!!!!!!

Dempsey scored another beauty hoje! :shades:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts