Xtratime Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Ecuador vs "yugo"

On May 8 th there will be game on Giants Stadium (New Jersey)between Ecuador and "yougo"....
Do you guys think that all of us NY/NJ Croats should go over there and show our Croatian collors and show them what are we made of?
Of course,we would stay right next to Ecudorians and cheer together.
Pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

·
Registered
36,386 Posts
Sorry majstor, new thread. We can't insult others in a political context.

·
Registered
36,386 Posts
I remember in 1997 there was a basketball game between Croatia and NZ in Auckland, about 4,000 Croatians showed up, and our neighbours came with their canadian and U.S flags to provoke. We won 97-79 as Sesar and Rimac cleaned up.

They later burned the Canadian and US flags infront on news crews at one of t he demonstrations in 1999. :)

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why shouldn't we?
They were gonna take our one and only Croatia.
Who cares if we are politicly correct.
I HATE sinisa mihajlovic!

pozdravlja te majstor...

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Spwolf,you're talkin' bussines.
Ero,explain yourself!

pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

·
Banned
22,345 Posts
me too!

"I HATE sinisa mihajlovic! " But not more than me for sure! ;)

As for the Ecuadorians, I would go cheer on my Catholic brothers for sure! VIVA ECUADOR (well at least until we play them;) That brings to mind a Toronto Raptors game vs Charlotte I went to see in T.O about 3 years ago...I am wearing my Croatian top and start noticing that there are a number of "yugo" flags in the game (at the time Divac on Hornets I think)..Then the announcer anoonounces that is was "serb day at the Air Canada Centre" How the hell that happened I still don't know but whatever...I made sure after that that my beautiful red and white jacket was all the more visible for my "friends" to see...and made sure the serbs right behind me heard me booing and mocking the the hell out of that a$ Divac the whole game...Me and my buddies had a laugh...and as we were only 7 rows up from courtside, I thought I could get Divac's attention but it was too damn loud in there...

One comment though on Yugo...or whatver they call themselves these days...They played i think in Arizona vs Mexico and now vs Ecuador in NY...That's got to be cool for their fans...I wish Croatia would come anywhere in North America for a game...Then I would be there in one second...Imagine how many of us Cros would make it to a game if our stars showed up? It would be crazy!

I think the Cro federation should consider a game here (against US or say Mexico or anyone actually) if possible. It would for sure be a huge moneymaker. And it would give us loyal Cro fans out here a chance to see our boys in person.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.