Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Mundo Deportivo, we only have 30 million euro's to spend for the coming 2 summers. We originally had 90 million euro's to spend over 3 years, but because we bought Eto'o so late in the end and bought Maxi in the winter, we already wasted a lot of our budget. The club is planning on getting a shirtsponsor worth > 15 million euro's. And the club wants to use Riquelme and Saviola to trade them for other players.

The club wants 3 or 4 players of 'maximum level', Van Bommel would be one of them, maybe Gonzalo Rodriguez and/or Guayre.

:scared:
 

·
1st Tier Poster
Joined
·
50,189 Posts
Getting a shirtsponsor is economically wise decision, but of course it would not be nice to see the Blaugrana shirt tarnished by advertising.
Actually, considering the good level of our squad, there is not much money needed for new transfers. At the moment we seem a bit short of defensive players, but that will change when Edmilson and Motta come back from injuries.
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
Edmilson will effectively be a new transfer for next season, he barely played this year. Maxi's here, with a couple of smart signings, we won't need to splash out big money for next season.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,491 Posts
I think that you can also use the money of possible transfers, so it would be 30 million + the cash you can get for players you sell.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
23,575 Posts
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Edmilson will effectively be a new transfer for next season, he barely played this year. Maxi's here, with a couple of smart signings, we won't need to splash out big money for next season.
Would not be vert wise to sell Edmilson, first he is much better than Motta and second he is much more versatile. He can play DM and CB like Marques, but he is not a dirty player like him
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Liternit said:
Would not be vert wise to sell Edmilson, first he is much better than Motta and second he is much more versatile. He can play DM and CB like Marques, but he is not a dirty player like him
He means Edmilson is a "new" player next season, because he has not played so much this season ;)
 

·
Freedom for all
Joined
·
16,851 Posts
Yes, that's what I meant. :D

I don't want to sell Edmilson, I rate him very highly, and I feel he can do an excellent job whether it is in DM or defence.

With the injured guys coming back, our squad will be a lot stronger, so we won't need to bring in several players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,011 Posts
why do u guys forget that riquelme and saviola r big trade coins also a number of other guys who r on loan like oscar lopez,sergio garcia,fabio rochemback etc.........why even players like messi and damia r extra guys who have proved themselves(atleast damia did soo....) in la liga........
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bronx_bull said:
why do u guys forget that riquelme and saviola r big trade coins also a number of other guys who r on loan like oscar lopez,sergio garcia,fabio rochemback etc.........why even players like messi and damia r extra guys who have proved themselves(atleast damia did soo....) in la liga........
We're not forgetting it, read my first post again.

Rochemback is loaned out for his whole Barça carreer, he won't come back and we can't sell him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,196 Posts
I think a lot of people forget, or overlook the fact that Barca have had a lot of injury problems this season. When the injured players come back, the squad will be a lot stronger.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top