Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is the economic situation now? Has anyone got information? Laporta started with a deficit of 150 million euro's. How much is it now?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Barcawinner said:
How is the economic situation now? Has anyone got information? Laporta started with a deficit of 150 million euro's. How much is it now?
Yeah we started last year with a debt of 150 million. The goal for that year was zero deficit, and we surpassed it. As mentioned in other places we managed to create a surplus of 6.7 euros.

The club could have done a variety of things with this surplus, but the most likely is to pay down the debt. Additionally some of the debt service would be included in the budget for 2004/04. I have no idea how much because I do not know how the debt is structured (anyone know anything about that).

So my best guess is that we have a debt of somewhere just north of 140 million.

If anyone was wondering the surplus was created by a 37% increase in revenue (mostly from TV contracts), and a 17% reduction in expenses (mostly from wage reductions).

This year's budget was set at around 200 million euros.
In comparison Real Madrid's budget is somewhere near 230 million euros.

All of this is more or less from memory so some of the figures may be wrong, but I think that is the general idea. I remember reading an article that had most of this information in it. I'll dig around for it.

Also if anyone is interested the Deloitte Football Money League report has a lot of good info about football finances in it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Barca Rule said:
...which Laporta spent for dinner at Burger King. :)
Sorry I 6.7 million euros
That is about a million meals, but hey Laporta has looked like he gained quite a bit of weight since he took the job. You never know... :tongue:

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idp...&idnoticia_PK=219317&idseccio_PK=614&h=050615

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idp...&idnoticia_PK=219325&idseccio_PK=614&h=050615

Barça are expecting to finish the 2004-05 financial season with a net profit of €15 million. This has been mainly achieved by the increase in socios, rise in ticket pricing and an increase in interest from the Far East.

The second article says that in just two years, income has risen by 60%! (or approximately €84 million). At this present moment, the rate of income is still increasing and the net income is expected to be around €250 million in the 2005-06 season - compare this with €169 million during the Gaspart era!

Great stuff. Lets hope this reduces the chance of us getting a sponsor :thmbup:

·
Banned
13,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would like to become a socio one day, but for the moment I don't have the money for it ;)

I am going to buy a shirt for the coming season though.

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
My God guys, could you imagine if we won the Champion's League this year. We'd be rolling in dough!!! Let's hope we have another great year! :thmbup:

·
Registered
263 Posts
Barça_Fan said:
Barça are expecting to finish the 2004-05 financial season with a net profit of €15 million.
This is especially impressive considering that we won La Liga which means lots of bonuses for the players (Laporta loves incentivised contracts). Last year if we had won La Liga we would have shown a net loss for the season.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
INCOMES

Camp Nou
Socios
2003-04: 62 million €
2004-05: 73 million €

Regular tickets and ticket holders
2003-04: 8 million €
2004-05: 10 million €

Television
2003-04: 66 million €
2004-05: 78 million €

In the 2003-04 season, there were 90,000 PPV sellings. In the 2004-05 season, there were 120,000 sellings. +33%

Marketing
2003-04: 33 million €
2004-05: 44 million €

Total
2003-04: 169 million €
2004-05: 205 million €

EXPENSES

Salaries
2003-04: 85 million € (70M € football + 15M € other sections)
2004-05: 100 million € (75M € football + 10M € football bonuses+ 15M € other sections)

Total expenses
2003-04: 162 million €
2004-05: 190 million €

The club predicts that next year incomes could reach the 250M €, if the sponsorship deal is done. In that case, Barcelona would become the 3rd economical power in football, near Real Madrid and Manchester United.

In the 2002-03 season, the last one of Gaspart's era, Barcelona had 123M € in incomes. While Man U had 251M €.

Source: Sport.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Laporta said:
I would like to become a socio one day, but for the moment I don't have the money for it ;)

I am going to buy a shirt for the coming season though.

In teh meantime be a "gent del barca". its not bad, EU 70.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
jiafei0210 said:
I am from china ,and I just don`t believe China will buy the uniform sponsorship of barca

I know barca`s influence in China
It's not about Barça's influence in China, but Barça's influence in Europe. Beijing doesn't have to promote olympic tourism in China, but in Europe.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
we can go one more season without sponsor!! why do we need it now?
our Economic is doing we'll and we are moving toward a good footballing era in footblling aspect and in great style.

I'd say we stick to our way and style for one more season, NO SPONSOR :fero:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Koeman4 said:
It's not about Barça's influence in China, but Barça's influence in Europe. Beijing doesn't have to promote olympic tourism in China, but in Europe.
I know what u mean.......

but I think most chinese people will evaluate barca`s influence in EU by its influence in China. In fact ,most chinese does`t know about spanish football.

some people will ask:"Need Olympic Games any advertisment?"

some other will ask:"Why not seek a more infuencial club just like Milan or MU or RM?"

Bureaucratism is everywhere in China

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
If we had 205 million euros and we had 15 million euros as a surplus, does this money go to minimizing the debt?

1 - 20 of 81 Posts