Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thursday at 18:45. Thanksgiving (national) Holiday in the USA so I won't be working. Woo hoo!! Going to watch this and then stuff my face with turkey, mashed potatoes, and beer. Teak, living the high life!

Expected lineup:
Bijlow
Pedersen, Trauner, Senesi, Malacia
Aursnes, Kokcu
Til
Toornstra, Linssen, Sinisterra

Arne likely to go with a 4-4-2 lineup to bulk up the midfield since we don't really need to win. A point would be enough and keep our goal differential the same. Slavia will be tougher at home than they were in De Kuip.

·
Registered
59,516 Posts
Marciano will start in goal as Bijlow had a positive Corona test.

Wonder if the stands will be empty in Prague. Infection rates are really high there, if not higher than here.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Toornstra receives the ball in the box and sets up Dessers for the tying goal, 1-1. Looks like Dessers came on for Linssen just a few minutes ago. Stop-and-go streaming is making it hard to keep up with what is happening.

And now it is frozen.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Red card for Til now. Not sure why.
I just watched the half time highlights and it looks like the ref gave him and yellow card, and then pulled out the red card. Had he gotten a first yellow card before that event? If so, it was his second yellow. If not, then VAR told the ref to give a red card instead of a yellow one. He went into a tackle studs first, but didn't appear to make contact with his feet on the Slavia player's legs.

·
Registered
5,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Am I understanding correctly that a point is all that's needed to get into the next round of this tournament?
The top two clubs go through to the next round. Feyenoord have 10 points, Slavia have 6, and Union have 5. Slavia and Union play each other in round 6 so neither can win both remaining matches; thus, it won't end with Slavia on 12 points and Union on 11. So Feyenoord can ensure going through with 11 points, but of course they play Maccabi Haifa in round 6 in De Kuip and that should be a win so this match isn't as important.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts