Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bayern Munich v Fiorentina​

From the best of my recollection - and I haven't checked the statistics - Toni is having a little more trouble finishing than he did last year. Bayern are lying 11th in the Bundesliga, 5 points away from league leaders Hamburg. They are still however top of our group, thanks to their 1-0 win over Steaua, they also drew 1-1 with Lyon.

We are going to have this lot for the next two Champions league fixtures, so we'll get a chance to know the team better by Christmas.

Toni says he wonders what the crowd reception would be like towards him when our fans get to Germany. For me, I wouldn't even be too bothered to boo or cheer. We all know why he left and we can't blame him for earning 140k in Germany, we can't. Besides, he did a lot for our team and we were lucky to have him when we got him.

The question is will he celebrate if he scores against us? Let's never find out....We can gain further confidence from the fact that of the six UEFA Champions League contests Bayern have hosted against Italian teams, only one has resulted in a home win – the 2005/06 group meeting with Juventus. They have lost three with two draws. I understand also that Mutu has started to recover and might make an appearance...

Bayern 4-2-2-2: M.Rensing; M.Oddo, Lucio, M.Demichelis, P.Lahm; Zé Roberto, Breno; B.Schweinsteiger, F.Ribery; L.Toni, M.Klose.

Fiorentina 4-3-3: S.Frey; G.Comotto, D.Dainelli, A.Gamberini, J.Vargas; Z.Kuzmanovic, M.Donadel, F.Melo; S.Jovetic, M.Santana, A.Gilardino.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
Here you are! I just didn't wanted to steal you the exclusivity of opening CL match thread, but couldn't wait for one :pp

There are two things I would question, is it good idea to start Vargas over Gobbi? Teh guy just hasn't convinced me yet, and this is far too important match. And for Mutu, unfit and out of form... surely wouldn't be better to try Jovetic? Maybe that could be reason why he hasn't played full 90 against Reggina.

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here you are! I just didn't wanted to steal you the exclusivity of opening CL match thread, but couldn't wait for one :pp

There are two things I would question, is it good idea to start Vargas over Gobbi? Teh guy just hasn't convinced me yet, and this is far too important match. And for Mutu, unfit and out of form... surely wouldn't be better to try Jovetic? Maybe that could be reason why he hasn't played full 90 against Reggina.
Well, I'm on top of things here at the office and life is (somewhat) quite good. So I got a match thread in on time. Tonight I'll be putting my feet up and watching Newcastle v Man City, tomorrow I'll have no choice but to watch Juventus v Real Madrid and for the first time in about three years, I'll be able to watch a Champions League game on a Wednesday! It's football galore for the whole week actaully with UEFA Cup and Premier League/Spanish League action following. The only thing I won't be able to watch is Serie A. :(....but oh well...

Quite frankly I do think Gobbi will start, I put Vargas down simply out of gut instinct. As for Mutu...only God knows....

·
Registered
490 Posts
Why not Vargas?He was very good against Chievo!He is increasing the form!So I dont see reason why he sould not play!About Mutu...Ohhhh I belive he will play,but if he not,there is amazing Jovetic!
But if Mutu play I want to see him next to Jovetic and Santana and Gilla like classic forward!Melo and Montolivo in the middle!So that will be 4-2-3-1 formation!What about this guys?????

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
And for Mutu, unfit and out of form... surely wouldn't be better to try Jovetic? Maybe that could be reason why he hasn't played full 90 against Reggina.
I also hope but Reggina is not comparable team and therefore I think Prandelli is still prefering Mutu and maximum he gets is 20 minutes :(

Bayern has tough times currently. They managed to get away win against Karlsruher last week but their home form has been far below their wishes as they have won only once and scored 11 but conceded also 11 goals on home venue so far:pp
I hope their defence is on same level as against Werder (5 goals conceded :happy:)and Gila makes another shocking start to take them down quickly.

Viasat Sports 3 (or at least some Xtra channels) should show game live so nobody disturbs my evening tomorrow:musik::musik:

·
Registered
717 Posts
I also think Gobbi is in good form, while Vargas is just gettin used to his new team. Tough, he can play an make a great match, so it won't bother me too much if he starts. As for Mutu, he would be a nice backup if he's not at 100%. Jovetic is in good a form. It is going to be a great match.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Very tough decisions to be made re: line up.

What I'm most worried about is Toni and Oddo feeling comfortable playing against familiar faces, we've got to put some pressure on them and expose the weaknesses. I like Prandelli's comments about not going over there for a draw, hopefully he revs the boys up and we put in the performance of a lifetime!

Any idea of how i'll watch this???

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
From my own experience I can reccomend you this: http://video.uefa.com it costs 3 euros, but it's pretty good.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
So latest predicions of our lineup are saying following: Frey, Zauri, Dainelli, Gamberini, Vargas (50-50 Gobbi), Kuzmanovic, Felipe, Montolivo, Santana, Mutu, Gilardino.

·
Registered
8,447 Posts
FORZA VIOLA!!! :heart:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Great, Viasat Sports 2 shows game live and it starts within 1 minute :):)
FORZA VIOLA :musik::musik:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Vargas playing. So is Toni

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Mutu is starting :drunk: and................ Zauri:scream:

I thought Prandelli would put Mutu on in the 2nd half seeing he hasnt played in a while. While Zauri is just mind boggling :lazy:

Alé Viola! Come on Gila :)

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Gonna be really interesting to see Dainelli and Gamerini against Toni and Klose

·
Registered
1,942 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Toni wins the header, Vargas cant get to Klose in time as Dainelli is glued to Toni as well :doh:

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
This is a joke. Could be 2-0 down now

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Corner, come on boys!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts