Xtratime Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
He is better offensively than Lauren.
Lauren cannot cross the ball to save his life.

Defensivley, he played really well agaisnt Real Madrid and nullified Robinho.

We have a right back dilemna.
Lauren
Eboue
Hoyte
Gilbert

It would be ashame to see Hoyte or Gilbert leave.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
he still has quite a bit to learn, he has improved a lot though since coming back from Egypt(didn't think it'd ever be pleased about one of our players playing in ANC)

he will be better soon, i'm sure, but Lauren is still Lauren. :proud:

next season i hope Lauren can go into midfield, he would be a good asset there.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
I think Eboue should play from next season with Gilbert back-up and Lauren should be sold for some money which can be used on a decent central defender and other positions.

·
63,337 Posts
Lauren sold? while we have that chancer Gilberto walking around the midfield with his handbag? that would be waste of the highest order. :fero:

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Rated Eboue from the moment he signed, despite the rather mixed reception he got when we did sign him.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Moving Lauren back to midfield will be very good. He can play defensive midfield or defensive right wing. He will not be exposed to pace and is never afraid to tackle. After all he was a midfielder when we boght him.

·
63,337 Posts
remember when Vieira made Spurs look like complete muppets at Old Trafford in the semi final? who was the guy beside him in CM doing the great DM job? ;)

·
Registered
8,947 Posts
Eboue is better than Lauren, IMO. Full back is about two things, defensive skill and speed. Not many full-backs who excels in both and Eboue has good balance between both. And also great dribbling skill. He is absolutely better than Lauren when attacking since he offers penetration while Lauren prefers to pass it to other when he got stuck.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Sir Leonardo said:
Rated Eboue from the moment he signed, despite the rather mixed reception he got when we did sign him.
Same here, I was on about him after seeing him first time in Ajax tournament - power and compusure on the ball were there to see. Bloody work permit issues stopped us then.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Sell Gilberto and Lauren... bring through Eboue and sign a good CB and CM.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
Why sell Ralph? He's committed to the Arsenal and never lets us down.

He plays/played as a CM for Cameroon for years.

·
63,337 Posts
selling Ralph would be idiotic, not only because he is better than half of our current midfielders. but there is no gurantees Eboue 's form will hold up, he's only young and youngsters sometimes start playing badly for no real reason, not all of them can be like Cesc. ;)

·
Registered
11,521 Posts
exactly, very much like Sendo. Last season Sendo was awesome and we were much like we didn't need Campbell but we can see how Sendo is struggling now.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
i would never sell lauren, specialy after this season, players who can be rotated and have his quality are very rare

1 - 19 of 19 Posts