Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dagoods feels these players don’t get the respect they deserve, :eek::eek::eek: for sure!

Just take a look at these names:

Lato, Puskas, Kubala , Kocsis, Masopust, Blokhin, Boban, Boniek, Nedved, Dzajic, Savićević, Hagi, Popescu, Šuker, Mijatović, Blokhin, Belanov, Stoichkov, Oganesian, Banishevskiy, Shevchenko, Arshavin, Yashin, Belanov, Dasayev, Džajić, Bobek, Belanov, Baljić, Bolić, Ibrahimović, Sušić, Džeko, Şükür, Oktay, Yalçın, Çolak, Stojkovic, Küçükandonyadis, Scholl, Mandıralı, Turan, Deyna, Lóránt, Korkmaz, Reçber, Grosics, Bozsik, Hidegkuti, Streltsov, Czibor, Özil, Stojkovic, Rosicky, Prosinečki, Jugović, etc.
That’s a nice little list there…:happy::happy::happy:

There are some legendary names :proud::proud::proud: in this list and some current big name stars as well. Seriously, how come they get no respect? :thmbdown::thmbdown::thmbdown:

Obviously these players are not better than South American players :proud::proud::proud:, no doubt about it but that’s understood.

But...how come these guys don’t get the same respect players/legends from Spain, Italy, France, Holland, England, Portugal, and Germany get :yuck::yuck::yuck:? Are they that inferior or is Dagoods missing something, here? :howler::howler::howler:

I certainly don’t view them as being that inferior to the aforementioned nations (Western Europe)!

Your thoughts your thoughts…

·
This is NOT Akhisar!
14,463 Posts
I don't know...I'm Slavic myself, and it hurts me :( However, there were times in 1980s when Slavic players got a lot more respect, like Igor Belanov won a Ballon d'Or in 1985, but now they are not treated with much respect, irrespectible of skills :(

·
皇帝
933 Posts
I don't know...I'm Slavic myself, and it hurts me :( However, there were times in 1980s when Slavic players got a lot more respect, like Igor Belanov won a Ballon d'Or in 1985, but now they are not treated with much respect, irrespectible of skills :(
I guess it has do thing or two with recent results of EE national teams and dominance of Western European teams on international stage and same goes for the EE clubs. Basicly the interest is shifted to WE only and so the glorious EE caliphate is on edge of interest with some exception like Russia on last EURO and Czech on EURO 2004. In 80ties and 70ties Poland, Czechoslovakia or Soviet Union were dominant players on international scene, in 50ties Hungary was one of the best team in the world not to mention Yugoslavia in its prime. Now 3 of these giants doesn´t exist anymore and the better economical situation in WE allows their clubs to buy our players for rather good price.

·
Registered
17,129 Posts
right now it is just so annoying to hear about hype especially when undeserved

****ing annoying fans on this board

if they want respect their national teams should win now

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
This could reach 200+ posts :howler:

Lato, Puskas, Kubala , Kocsis, Masopust, Blokhin, Boban, Boniek, Nedved, Dzajic, Savićević, Hagi, Popescu, Šuker, Mijatović, Blokhin, Belanov, Stoichkov, Oganesian, Banishevskiy, Shevchenko, Arshavin, Yashin, Belanov, Dasayev, Džajić, Bobek, Belanov, Baljić, Bolić, Ibrahimović, Sušić, Džeko, Şükür, Oktay, Yalçın, Çolak, Stojkovic, Küçükandonyadis, Scholl, Mandıralı, Turan, Deyna, Lóránt, Korkmaz, Reçber, Grosics, Bozsik, Hidegkuti, Streltsov, Czibor, Özil, Stojkovic, Rosicky, Prosinečki, Jugović, etc.
Sukur, Oktay, Yalcin, Colak, Kucukandonyadis, Mandirali, Arda, Korkmaz, Rustu do not technically represent Eastern Europe since they played for Turkey.

Same goes for Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Ozil etc...

But as for the opening post. The majority of football critiques pay attention to Western Europe and South American football only. If everyone had enough general knowledge about footballers in EE and elsewhere then they would be recognised far more.

For example, the many millions who watched Sergen Yalcin would agree that he was the most magical footballer they had ever witnessed. I feel like that too. But not many have heard of him outside Turkey and im sure he would have been known as one of the biggest legends of last decade had he played for a Western European club.

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Oh god.. don't give them a reason to talk. They never stop.

And answering your question, because they are not good enough.

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
Oh god.. don't give them a reason to talk. They never stop.

And answering your question, because they are not good enough.
What a brilliant way to contradict yourself in two sentences. :D

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
btw i'd also like to think that Ronaldo, Meazza, Matthaus, Facchetti and etc are not good enough.

·
Registered
66,434 Posts
They were very respected prior to the fall of communism and the older footy fans know plenty about them. The only problems is that Eastern Europe really hasn't had a powerhouse NT since the USSR in the late 80's.

·
Registered
66,434 Posts
This could reach 200+ posts :howler:

Sukur, Oktay, Yalcin, Colak, Kucukandonyadis, Mandirali, Arda, Korkmaz, Rustu do not technically represent Eastern Europe since they played for Turkey.

Same goes for Nedved, Ibrahimovic, Ozil etc...

But as for the opening post. The majority of football critiques pay attention to Western Europe and South American football only. If everyone had enough general knowledge about footballers in EE and elsewhere then they would be recognised far more.

For example, the many millions who watched Sergen Yalcin would agree that he was the most magical footballer they had ever witnessed. I feel like that too. But not many have heard of him outside Turkey and im sure he would have been known as one of the biggest legends of last decade had he played for a Western European club.
Russia is getting more and more attention and all the big leagues scout the league heavily now. Plus look at the amount of Serbian and Croatian players in the western leagues, for sure western scouts know plenty about the region's players.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wasn't Kubala named Barca's greatest ever player?

And Germany is in central Europe.
Yes indeed...but they belong in the "elite group" and they are not part of the "slavic nations" at all.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wasn't Kubala named Barca's greatest ever player?

And Germany is in central Europe.
The Cules were just trying to be nice ;)

Everyone knows: RONALDO, ROMARIO, RONALDINHO, RIVALDO, CRUYFF, and MESSI > Kubala FACT!

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Stick a big candle up yer arse before you start talking shit.

You do know what they say about the reasons of why Camp Nou was built ?

·
Registered
66,434 Posts
If Kubala played for Hungary imagine how unstoppable they'd be ?! Puskas/Kocis/Kubala/Boszik/Czibor/Hidegkuti...easy 50 wins in a row right there.

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Stick a big candle up yer arse before you start talking shit.

You do know what they say about the reasons of why Camp Nou was built ?
RM felt sorry for your club and donated some $ ? I guess you can call it charity ;)
:happy::howler:

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
RM felt sorry for your club and donated some $ ? I guess you can call it charity ;)
:happy::howler:
Are you making jokes about your lack of knowledge ?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts