Xtratime Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
East European countries can be the best hosts. We have old, small stadiums, the corruption is still very high in our countries so you will always be able to find tickets from a variety of scalpers (or tigani, tsigani, cigani or any other spelling)

East European Leagues are corrupt, so we will not be shocked at any unfair results or uncapable referees, and any riots will be restricted to only the locals, which the government screws on a regular basis.

In Bucharest, there are over half a million dogs roaming the streets, and at night, their constant howling can provide a rustic, interesting atmosphere. And if the dogs won't get you while you return drunk from the pub at night, rest assure, the gypsies will.

And for those lucky few which decide to get a hotel room in Belgrade, we can guarantee you that the complementary mosquito bites you will get here will be unlike any other you have ever experienced...

And you will be impressed by the Hugarian goolash soups and the Russian cabbage rolls which are guaranteed to make you lose weight fast as you will be throwing up and going to the bathroom numerous times...

And the special, way thieves greet tourists in Sofia, Bulgaria, will provide you with numerous, priceless stories to tell your children and grand-children for many years to come.

You will also be blown away by the Albanian Pimps and Drug Lords which will sell you all kinds of special "services" for your own 'recreation purposes':D

So support a Eastern European Euro Championship for an experience you will never forget. For ticket information call Vladislav Stanisovski, at 1-800-RIP OFF.

Jjust in case you're wondering it's not really that bad.........................................except of course the story with the Hungarian goolash...

:D

·
Registered
36,376 Posts
Croatia and BiH have a joint bid for 2008 :)

·
Registered
57,791 Posts
hungary has a bid for 2008, too, but they failed with a joint with austria:yuck: for 2004, but all that what marius told us, is right;)

ee countries should do a bid altogether for 2012, or, well lets say,
a joint bid with romania, hungary, serbia, bulgaria, albania,
would be anice event:D

we can do those things also, not only the scandinavians

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
sanyi said:
hungary has a bid for 2008, too, but they failed with a joint with austria:yuck: for 2004, but all that what marius told us, is right;)

ee countries should do a bid altogether for 2012, or, well lets say,
a joint bid with romania, hungary, serbia, bulgaria, albania,
would be anice event:D

we can do those things also, not only the scandinavians

FIFA would never agree to a four country host. Plus from what I hear Albania has one playable stadium and that is crappy as well...so Albania is out of the picture.

Romania hosted youth European Championships 4 years ago, so we have OK stadiums. SO does Czech Republic, you guys (Hungary) have OK stadiums too. I am not sure about Bulgaria. and Yugoslavia - ever since the war they have struggled with financing...

Can someone comment on Polish, Slovenian, Croatian, Bosnian, Ukranian and Russian Stadiums as well since I don't have any info on these??

·
Registered
57,791 Posts
David said:
I must disagree.

The best mosquito bites are in the Danube Delta. ;)

Talking about thieves, don't forget the taxi drivers from Otopeni. :D

HAI ROMANIA! Proudly hosting the Euro 342783084273420324. [for more information: http://www.euro342783084273420324.com]
we come probably 4 years ahead, in 342783084273420320,
but for a good argument, we have also good mosquitos at the danube:D :D :D :D , our gypsies are good thieves as well, but the best pro-hungarian argument is our taxi-drivers: they used to rip off german tourists like hell....:) :) :) :)

our stadiums can be compared to albania`s, though...:rolleyes:

peace

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Marius said:

financing...

Can someone comment on Polish, Slovenian, Croatian, Bosnian, Ukranian and Russian Stadiums as well since I don't have any info on these??
poland has one half decent stadium, its called slaski and it holds about 45 thousand, the rest of the stadia in poland are old and ran over by drunks and hooligans. ukraine on the other hand has a few decent facilities, plus there also building a new 30 seat british style stadium which is is quit attractive looking and does not look like your typical east european stadium.

speaking of gypises, i got a **** load of them living in my building, the czechs kick them out and canada like they do with everybody else takes them in gives them money and shelter and lets them do whatver the hell they want.

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
:D

Yugoslavia's hosting the 2005 European Basketball championships, but of course the needs for a football tournament are far greater and I am not sure any of the EE countries meet them.
In terms of stadiums, infrastructure and everything else, EE countries can't and won't be able to compete with Western European countries for a long time.
This, however, doesn't mean they might not one day win a bid based on UEFA's understanding, courtesy and sense of fair play...:D
Seriously, only politics can help EE countries win it, for example Croatia and BiH could win it based on the moto :"Football uniting people" or some similar heart-breaking, moving cr*p :D that would be a great advertisement for football and UEFA.

But I guess it doesn't hurt to try...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah Marek said it Poland couldn't stand to host!
But with a bit of optimism Euro 2012 with a joint bid from someone could work! It wouldn't be Ukraine because they already joint bid with Russia. So maybe Czech? Lech Poznan are hoping to have their stadium built before 2007 and Wisla's new stadium will definatly be done by then. Also Poland will be in the EU since Jan 2004 and hopefully if the economy continues to grow at 4-5% like it is at the moment then well its kind of possible for 2012 but definatly no sooner!
..If Eastern Europe had the Championships we'd introduce our hooliganism to the world and upstage all those englishmen who think they are simply the best!

·
International
9,682 Posts
Wow, at least something is being built in Poland in terms of soccer infrastructure. The guys who lead our soccer are to busy to hire prostitutes for the foreign refs, bribe the local refs, bribe the FA, and everyone else so that no one can dive into their sh!t.

Oh well, as long as it will be played in EE in 2012, then it's fine with me.

Regards,
David

·
Registered
57,791 Posts
our countries would be perfect hosts for the forthcoming
GYPSY WORLD CUP, with some cool national teams taking part,
such as spain, india, france, roma, hungary, romania, bulgaria, serbia, slovakia, ukraine, bosnia, macedonia..................
only the cup will disappear until the finals get played;)

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sanyi said:
our countries would be perfect hosts for the forthcoming
GYPSY WORLD CUP, with some cool national teams taking part,
such as spain, india, france, roma, hungary, romania, bulgaria, serbia, slovakia, ukraine, bosnia, macedonia..................
only the cup will disappear until the finals get played;)
Last time I checked "Roma" was not a country but an ethnicity. The Roma or gypsies are spread out all over Europe.

·
Registered
57,791 Posts
Marius said:

Last time I checked "Roma" was not a country but an ethnicity. The Roma or gypsies are spread out all over Europe.
sure, but there is a city called after that ethniCITY, must be in italy or elsewhere;)

actually, they are spread all over the world, i met romas in finland , in brasil, in mexico, in all the places i`ve been to.

in kusturica`s movie "time of the gypsies" there was this wonderful picture when the guys came back to their village in bosnia with an italian numberplate that said ROMA in big letters,
we should invite roma to our world cup, too:D

·
Registered
6,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sanyi said:

sure, but there is a city called after that ethniCITY, must be in italy or elsewhere;)

actually, they are spread all over the world, i met romas in finland , in brasil, in mexico, in all the places i`ve been to.

in kusturica`s movie "time of the gypsies" there was this wonderful picture when the guys came back to their village in bosnia with an italian numberplate that said ROMA in big letters,
we should invite roma to our world cup, too:D

I think I saw that movie - is it with this gypsy boy that had special powers - he could bend spoons with his mind and make object fly around….He lived with his poor grandmother, and then he went to Italy….Is that the one? That movie made me cry.

·
Registered
57,791 Posts
Marius said:

I think I saw that movie - is it with this gypsy boy that had special powers - he could bend spoons with his mind and make object fly around….He lived with his poor grandmother, and then he went to Italy….Is that the one? That movie made me cry.
yes it is

1 - 15 of 15 Posts