Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post on the 2-0 Croatia Bosnia post but I dont think you guys saw it. Ljubuski asked the question also so I was wondering if the venues where you guys watch Croatia National Team games get packed. How is the usual attendance? In Vanouver we could really get packed and of course in Toronto they could jam up venues. But what about where you guys are?

·
International
8,545 Posts
They all crowd into Jure's basement, one sucker has to stand on the roof and fiddle with the ancient satellite that Jure bought out of the back of a rusty van at a shopping mall.

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
hmm, I'd love answer you Van Cro, unfortunately I'm geographically challanged :(

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
VanCro,prika evo ja cu ti odgovoriti:
Uvik je krcato kada se igraju kvalifikacije ili mundijal!
Prijateljske i nisu bas posjecene najbolje jer ljudi i rade,a i nema onoga natjecateljskoga zara.
Ja osobno zivim u N.J. i tu gledam utakmice,ali se puno puta zaletimo i do Queens-a pa i tamo pokoju pogledamo.
Ima nas ekipa sta uvik zajedno gledamo utakmice i ne moze nas nista podilit jer onako usput receno jos nisam sreo dinamovca u NY/NJ.
Svi smo mi hajdukova dica!
pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Majstor...you are 100% correct. Over here it packs up and they show the games is a few places and all of them are packed. From Scorpio, to Valentino, to the Bowling alley, to where the old people hang out they are always jammed packed in Astoria, queens.

·
International
8,545 Posts
What? No thanks for good ole Ivo?

They were lying to you, I told you the truth....Jure's basement:tongue:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Just so you know during the Croatia vs Belgium game,we had 1200 people attend the KING TOMISLAV club in Sydney.Not bad considering the game kicked off est.2 or 3.00 am local time.

Geez was there are party afterwards.No doubt similar scenes to come around WC02.I remember agianst Yugo.(who?) anyway when Boksic scored the opening goal flares were let off inside the club and that was one crazy scene.

GO VATRENI!

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
I have a good friend in Toronto, and he told me that when Croatia beat Germany 3:0, lots of Croatians came out on the streets and there were flags everywhere... he didnt know there were so many croatians there... apperantly they all live in little italy

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Vancouver was wild when Croatia beat Germany. A news crew was at the Croatian Center and there were a lot of Croats just going wild with all the flags and singing.

·
Registered
10,611 Posts
actually Spwolf! is your friend from Mississauga? the suburb of Toronto because if so then it wouldn't be a surprise that a lot of Croatians live in that suburb city! and most Cros from Toronto all go to Mississauga to watch the games when the NAT. team plays so yes when we had that magical run in 98 we were celebrating in the streets of Mississauga(Streetsville) to be exact! it was crazy they blocked off the entire section of Mississauga road for us and they even had a picture of the entire scene in the paper the next day with the heading RED WHITE AND YAHOOO!

otherwise we dont really do anything in the actual city of Toronto thats mostly the Peasanos turf!:tongue: we are pretty good with the Italians here actuually we are also liked by the Portuguesse as well its because we dont go onto others known partying sections we have our own! STREETSVILLE BABY:D

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
Well hate to break the bad news to all of you, but I was at the Stadium when Croatia beat Germany....:D :D I went to France for the entire WC a followed Croatia's run, and let me tell you how great it was to hang with Hrvati from all over the world and finally have our own NT to root for. I also was able to attend a US game as well. It was fun.

Main thing when going to a WC...keep away from the England and Turkey fans...they are not normal. Good thing Hrvatska never played near those people.

But, from what my friends told me, Astoria was a zoo during WC time. After the Germany win all the Croatians down there packed the street. One guy climbed a traffic light pole and stuck a flag up there that stayed up for 2 months after the WC ended...:D

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey Jure, that story about the guy who climbed the street light is 100% true! I believe it happened in front of Millenium. I know the dude, he's from Korcula. I also heard that there were 5 or 6 guys arrested that day on Broadway for laying down in the street! They must have been tired from working hard all day! I wish I could have been there, but unfortunately I decided to watch that game in Hoboken. Oh well, this World Cup I'm definately in Astoria for the Italy game and the celebrations that will follow the game, even if it will be around 6Am when the game ends. Naprid Bili, i nasi Vatreni

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Bilo je ludo i nezaboravno.
Tada sam prvi puta vidio koliko Hrvata ima u N.J..

Pozdravlja vas svih,majstor...

·
Registered
36,402 Posts
MAN, HERE IN AUCKLAND, WE HARDLY GOT 100 people to turn up for the Belgium game.

·
Registered
11,166 Posts
grba,

yep, I heard it was right in front of Millenium. They told me the street was mobed with people celebrating, wish I was there but unfortunalty I was in France....:D ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts