Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has been my experience in previous versions that most outfield players usually wait until they're 34 to 35 to retire, while most keepers wait until they are 37 to 38. A few might retire earlier, a few might retire later.

In CM 03/04, however, I've frequently had players retire at 32 or 33, and now the same thing is happening in my River game. Castellano, one of our keepers, wants to retire with 35, and both Salas and Coudet want to retire after having just turned 32.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

·
Registered
460 Posts
There's actually a way out of this. If you buy a player on 30 or just above 30, he then plays for a long time. If a player has been at a club or 5 or so years, then he retires quickly.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Georgy Nemsadze consider retiring when he had a year left on his contract when he was 32 but decided to play on....I was pi*sed off! cos he had been on the transfer list for 6 months for nothing and no one wanted him!

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Some players do seem to retire rather early, but so far it has been players that aren't getting much playing time, that has retired in my game. None of my regular players have retired at an early age, atleast not yet.

Btw, I've managed to get the players that annonued their retirement to actually retire. I did this by sending them to the reserve team, set them on the transfer list, and then offer them for free to other clubs.

This made them acutally go through with their retirement plans afterall. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts