Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
DAGOODS = RATINGS
22,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E. Zidane: age 20, he is the oldest son of ZIDANE :proud:, the ZIDANE :proud:!
Age 20 and he's still playing in segunda oh no wait, tercera division (google it peons)

He couldn't bench BENAVENTE when they both played together at REAL MADRID B and he had his daddy ship the Peruvian away over the summer.

And now his daddy is making him look good at the expense of Odeggard!
He's 20, turning 21 soon and he hasn't made his official debut with the first team! O FENOMENO :proud: was a two-time FIFA PLAYER OF THE YEAR by age 21, thank you!

C. Maldini: Age 19, turning 20 soon :yuck::yuck::yuck: - what a disgrace!
If I were Maldini :proud:, I would have this joker tested (DNA test); Pursue a paternity test! C. MALDINI looks Italian but defends like a Brazilian :happy:!
PAOLO MALDINI :proud: was 16 when he made his debut Serie A debut for Milan and became a starter the following season at age 17!

Is it too early to count them out?
Or are they pretty much done?!!!

What say you?
your thoughts…your thoughts...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Let's not forget about other victims of the same bug: Diego Sinagra (Maradona's italian son), Edinho (Pelé's goalkeeper son), etc.
This reminds me of one time when Johan Cruyff was asked why his son had the name "Jordi" printed on the back of his shirt, instead of his last name, as any other player. Johan's response was: "because there is only one Cruyff!".

·
Registered
69,808 Posts
To think that these guys (and not only them) can be as good as their fathers just because they are their sons, it's certainly naive.

It's similar to the 'younger brother' syndrome. When a good, or a very good, player has a younger brother; the media, the entourage and sometimes even the own player start the propaganda: "He's good, but his younger is gonna be much better, he's much more talented. You'll see'.

In the 95% of the cases, he isn't. The younger is just an average or bad player.

·
D10S
2,209 Posts
You guys remember on how many African footballers claiming to be the cousin of George Weah in the mid 90s?
I recall a player from back home, named Stephen Weah. Allegedly brother of George. Then Arsenal's own, Christopher Wreh. Not sure whether Ali Dia claimed to be Weah's cousin or only recommended by Weah.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts