Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visited on wednesday Fortuna Ddorf - Dynamo Dresden, when during the second half the Dynamo fans showed this banner...

What do they want to say with this? Asked as well on a Fortuna forum and they said this...

Opium fürs Volk ist eine CD/Platte von den "Toten Hosen". --> Punk/ politisch links
Der ganze Spruch ist eine Zeile aus einem Lied der "Böhsen Onkelz". --> eher rechte Musik
Es gibt ein Lied von den Böhsen Onkelz namens "Ihr sollt den Tag nicht vor dem Abend loben".
Dieses Zitat daraus bezieht sich auf das von den Toten Hosen erschienene Album "Opium für's Volk", es herrschte damals zwischen den Hosen und den Ärzten auf der einen Seite und den Onkelz auf der anderen Seite eine gewisse... Rivalität.

Und das Transparent spielt sicherlich darauf an, dass die Onkelz ja teilweise als "rechtsradikal" gelten, und die Hosen als "Punk-Band" das Gegenteil.
Also eine gewisse Koketterie mit dem politischen Ruf der Dresdner Anhänger.

Holger
However, still can't say I understand it for 100%, anyone can clear it up for me?

I do understand the first part is a sentence of a song / cd from the Toten Hosen who're politically left while the whole sentence is a part of a song from the Böhse Onkelz, who're right...

However, still, I don't get it what's the message of the Dresdner fans... :confused:

·
Registered
17,550 Posts
In my eyes it is pretty clear. That one is a complete line from a Böhse Onkelz song and has nothing directly to do with the Toten Hosen:

"Im Zuge der Auseinandersetzung mit beiden Bands (Die Toten Hosen & Die Ärzte) veröffentlichten die Onkelz 1996 auf dem Album „E.I.N.S.“ das Lied „Ihr sollt den Tag nicht vor dem Abend loben“, in dem sie bewusst die beiden Bands ansprechen: „Schöne Grüße nach Düsseldorf und Berlin [...] Opium fürs Volk, Scheiße für die Massen, ja Ihr habt es geschafft, ich beginne euch zu hassen, wenn ich so etwas sage, ist das nicht gelogen, Ihr sollt den Tag nicht vor dem Abend loben!“. „Opium fürs Volk“ heißt ein 1996 erschienenes Album von Die Toten Hosen, Düsseldorf und Berlin sind die Gründungsorte der beiden Bands (Die Toten Hosen & Die Ärzte)."

So Dresden fans ally with Böhse Onkelz, nothing more nothing less. I mean nobody would ever think Dresden fans are left winged anyway :D ;).

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I get it...

Actually have another question about them, also during and after the game I visited last week they were singing this --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmCTVFPFeaY

'UFFTA' ? :confused:

Anyone knows what that means?

Also, at the end of that clip (1.28 - 1.32) on the left, is that a Che flag waved by Dynamo Ultras? :confused: :eekani:
Or am I wrong?

·
Registered
503 Posts
'Uffta' as far as I know it has no meaning and serves only for the rhythm of a chant. The fans are ordered to sit down for some paroles as you see in the video. Then in the end they jump up altogether and sing 'Uffta uffta uffta tetere...' which resembles some kind of polka.
In Southern Germany for example they sing more something like 'Umpa' instead.

Che portraits got somewhat unpolitical during the last decades, nevertheless they symbolize a kind of rebel spirit that right wing fundamentalists might claim as well. I guess they would rather use portraits of other historical characters instead but are definitely not allowed to.

Worth mentioning that "Opium fürs Volk" refers to Karl Marx' thesis of religion as opium of the people.

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
'Uffta' as far as I know it has no meaning and serves only for the rhythm of a chant. The fans are ordered to sit down for some paroles as you see in the video. Then in the end they jump up altogether and sing 'Uffta uffta uffta tetere...' which resembles some kind of polka.
In Southern Germany for example they sing more something like 'Umpa' instead.
Ah ok, so not a special meaning. I know this chant, in the West of Germany the usually sing 'Humba' instead of 'Uffta'.

Che portraits got somewhat unpolitical during the last decades, nevertheless they symbolize a kind of rebel spirit that right wing fundamentalists might claim as well. I guess they would rather use portraits of other historical characters instead but are definitely not allowed to.
Hmm for me it stands indeed for rebel spirit, but personally I also link it with politically left wing...
Quite weird for Dynamo...

Worth mentioning that "Opium fürs Volk" refers to Karl Marx' thesis of religion as opium of the people.
Thanks for mentioning this, totally didn't think about it. :thmbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts