Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a thought. Do any of you guys own many/any Rangers DVDs or Videos. I've got quite an extensive collection of DVDs but strangely no sports ones. For Christmas I was given the Remember, remember DVD and although single match DVDs are not really an interest to me I have started thinking about getting some more. In particular I'm thinking of one purchase and that is the 9 in a row box set. I think it's arounf 40 notes and as well as the 9 DVDs for each season you get an old firm classics DVD bundled in.

Any thoughts guys?

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
I'll get back to you. Just wrote a big reply and f***in deleted it.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have the Brian Laudrup one. I got his signature on it too :)

Its on video is there a DVD version as I know longer have a video player!

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@Angle_eyes- Nightmare mate. I've done that sort of thing lots of times in the past and now usually copy all my text before posting or pressing any buttons. Your thoughts would still be welcome :smileani:

@annax- @It's available on DVD. It's also part of a box set named Rangers legends which includes DVDs of Laudrup, Baxter, etc.

@Marco Negri- I'll look out for that because I'm ordering the box set today.

Later I might order the "Rangers: The Official 2002/ 2003 Season Review - First To 50 Treble Record Breakers " DVD. It apparently has a bonus disc with both cup finals on it. :thmbup: I'll give the "Peter Lovenkrands: A Week In The Life" a wide berth though :howler:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
the nine in a row box set is really good, great to see guys like laudrup and gazza playing again. however if you have the individual season videos (like 93-94 or whatever) then it's exactly the same footage / interviews that is used. but it will be the only way to get those on dvd probably

i've got loads of videos and dvds, from back when i was about 10 until today

off the top of my head:
nine in a row box set (plus maybe 4 seasons from the 9 in a row year + 1998-1999 and 1999-2000)
rangers - the definitive history
albertz
laudrup
a couple of ally mccoist ones
first to 50 + the day the league was won
rangers legends (i think that is a couple of volumes)
old firm games
3 gazza ones (not 1 rangers related though)
davie cooper
rangers gold 1 and 2
battle of britain
classic games

i'm sure theres a few others i've forgotten. some of the stuff i've got is just the same footage and interviews but in different packaging or order :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow, good collection. I'll get the box set because apart from the recent DVD of the two old firm games in November I don't have any videos or DVDs. I used to always get my dad one as a present for christmas each year so never bothered getting them myself. So I'll get the boxset as I'm looking forward to watching it all over again and the Old Firm classics bonus DVD sounds good too. As I stated above the first to 50 DVD will be next as I'd really like to watch all that again, and it's recent, but I may have to wait till later in the year for that one.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
the collection is mostly the result of years and years of unimaginative birthday presents from a couple of my friends :D

i don't know if the sale is still on, but according to the match programme from a few weeks ago there is/was a special offer on dvds at the rangers shops. 3 for £12 or similiar

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
i'll just add that some of the season reviews are sh!te. I've got about 5 of them from the 9 in a row sequence and the presentation is embarassing a lot of the time. Still, if you're getting them discounted it might be worthwhile for the nostalgia alone.

@TB - 2 McCoist ones? I refused to buy the 2nd out of principal. It was only a few years after the 1st one, and he'd had his broken leg in the meantime. I'd have smacked anyone who bought me it over the head :stuckup:

And talk about scraping the barrel. Peter f***ing Lovenkrands? Quite simply GTF. Next we'll be getting the Best of Maurice Ross or something :rollani:

What pisses me off in a lot of the season reviews as well is that the opposition goals are often omitted. On occasions where we, say, beat Celtic 3-2, I want to be able to smugly laugh at the celebrations of their players/manager knowing full well that they're gonnae get humped :happy:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers guys. I purchased the 9-in-a-row box set today for £39.99 off of play. There was one for £25 on e-bay but I can never be arsed fannying around with that. I'll hopefully get them on Wednesday or Thursday.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Angle_eyes said:
What pisses me off in a lot of the season reviews as well is that the opposition goals are often omitted. On occasions where we, say, beat Celtic 3-2, I want to be able to smugly laugh at the celebrations of their players/manager knowing full well that they're gonnae get humped :happy:
Agreed. The 'First to Fifty' DVD never shows opposition goals and it suffers. It shows about four replays of every Rangers goal though, no matter how much of a tap-in it was.

Bloody annoying.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW Some muppet at the Post Office must be enjoying watching that 9 in a row box set as a week on I've yet to see it. I'm glad I could help :doh: , I'll give the robbing buggers a ring tomorrow.

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally the company have admitted the DVDs must be "lost in the post" and are sending them out tomorrow again. Just hope Postie hasn't told his mates that another delivery is on the way.

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
the post seems to have got really really shite over the last couple of years :( not just in terms of things being late or going missing but the delivery times - i used to get 2 deliveries a day - one at 8am and another delivery at lunchtime, now i only get one about 3 in the afternoon.

which to be honest isn't much of an inconvenience for me personally - but i thought it's worth a moan anyway :D

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your postie probably didn't have a DVD boxset to watch before and that's why he's late now- it's my fault for handing them out. :depress:

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
They are finally here- sort of. A note was apparently put through the door this morning delivered by the postie saying he had called twice already- lying... He didn't even put a note through the door on either supposed occassion and decided instead to send one out which arrived today.

I know they are now at the post office so I just need to get there and sign for them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Paul Gascoigne - The Rangers Years
Classic Games
Jim Baxter
First To Fifty

Got a few more but the lights off and I'm squinting to see what's what and can't be bothered moving.

Also got an old documentry which is called Follow Follow, someones got a loan of it just now though but it makes interesting viewing. Late 70's early 80's I think :)

·
Registered
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you want to expand your collection then join the postal service, you get good free gear.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Just got my wibble t-shirt today :happy: I could have got it yesterday, but I couldnae be arsed getting out of bed to answer the door. It'll be getting aired on Saturday :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts