Xtratime Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some players, like Bergkamp, won't play at the WC2002, who do you think we should send to that tournament in the far Japan and South-Korea??

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
That's still pretty far away, but ok.

Players who will stop after Euro 2000:
Winter, Bergkamp, De Goey

New players:
Van Bommel, Bruggink, Bouma, Knopper, Hofland

I think the biggest change will be after 2002.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
Well that's true, but it still looks pretty far away. I think also Ricksen could get a chance.

Van der Sar
Reiziger-Stam-F.de Boer-Bronckhorst
R.de Boer-Cocu-Davids-Overmars
Van Nistelrooij-Kluivert

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ricksen should get his chance?
But who do you think will become De Goey's replacement? Waterreus?

D

·
0 Posts
Ricksen first has to prove himself with Rangers, and Waterreus is too old.

The 2002 may see some new faces in the squad, but the starting line-up won't be dramatically changed. For 2002 there will still be Van Der Sar in goal, Reiziger,Stam,F. De Boer in defense, left-back is a question. Hopefully there will be a good right-half by then, but the midfield will still included Seedorf,Davids,Cocu, and Overmars. And the attack will be without Bergkamp, but Van Nistelrooij - Kluivert will probably for the coming couple of years be Holland's prime tandem. And remember, even though players like Overmars,Reiziger,Davids,Seedorf,Kluivert have been in the Dutch side for some years now, they were all very young when the won thier first cap, so in the next few tournaments they'll be in their prime. 2002 will be the last major tournament for De boer brothers.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
forget about the questionmark after "Ricksen should get his chance".
I just noticed it, and it shouldn't be there...

Driver X> No Ronald de Boer on the midfield?

[This message has been edited by A Dutch FCB Fan (edited 13-05-2000).]

D

·
0 Posts
Myabe by 2002, Boussata or Talan or maybe another player are a better right-half then Ronald De Boer, which means he won't be in the starting line-up. But for now, he's the best the Netherlands have got.

L

·
0 Posts
Van der Sar,Reiziger,Stam,F.de Boer,Davids,Seedorf,Cocu,R.de Boer,Overmars,Kluivert.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
But I think Ronald is better than Seedorf in the central midfield.... even in two years...

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
But I think Ronald is better than Seedorf in the central midfield.... even in two years...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts