• Collins John (Fulham)

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Chelsea)

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Pierre Van Hooijdonk (Fenerbahce)

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Patrick Kluivert (Barcelona)

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United)

Votes: 31 100.0%
  • Roy Makaay (Bayern Munchen)

Votes: 30 96.8%
  • Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (PSV)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord)

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Peter Van Vossen (Vitesse Arnhem) ;) :D

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Dickie Dick will have to soon establish who to pick for the squad. Greece was the last available friendly for him to see who to pick or not for the final 23 but who would be in yours?

Pick 4 strikers and say who and why you voted :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
RVN, Makaay, and Kluivert were obvious to pick;)

But between JFH, and Van H. was too hard to pick. I just choose van Hooijdonk, because he does well as a substitute memeber and have a good free kick. ;)

Feel too bad for Jimmy:depress:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
3 goalies, 6 defenders, 8 midfielders and 5 midfielders makes 22 playes :D...

- Collins John (Fulham), prefer him over Kluivert, shows more potential and he's going to bo our first choice striker in the future!
- Pierre Van Hooijdonk (Fenerbahce), experience, good for the groups atmosphere and supersub.
- Ruud Van Nistelrooy (Manchester United) 1st choice together with Makaay, but when's does he start performing in Oranje?
- Roy Makaay (Bayern Munchen) 1st choice together with v. Nistelrooy
- Dirk Kuijt (Feyenoord), works very hard, good for the teamspirit which will be very important and he can gain experience, can play sometimes as a sub.

My forward:

-----Makaay---v. Nistelrooy-----

·
Commander of the OSE
780 Posts
van Nistelrooy, Makaay and Kluivert, obviousely...

I pick 3 because we will normally play with only one striker, don't need more.

As I said in the midfielder thread, I'd have Overmars mainly as someone who can break open defenses. If I would pick Hasselbaink or van Hooijdonk here, they'd be there for the same thing, I'd rather have a a fast player like Overmars.

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went for the same obvious 4 as Kluivert.

Hasselbaink has been too inconsistant imo and Collins John might be a bit too raw and inexperienced to be considered.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Collins John still has a long way to go. He should first get a full season of EPL under his belt before he can be considered to be one of our strikers during a major international tournament.

I don't know how Hasselbaink has been inconsistent, I mean, he's Chelsea's top-scorer this season once again, and that while continuiously featuring in a sub role.
He's also an increddible hard worker, something I (often)miss with players like Kluivert, and sometimes Makaay too.
I'm not saying that he should be included in the squad, but he's too good to be left out too.

We still don't know exactly how Dick plans to operate during EURO 2004, but it will probably be in a 4-4-2 way. He'll probably use one finisher, and one provider, that can also score.
I can hardly see him switching back to the dreaded vNistelrooij - Kluivert combination, but a combination of these two with vdVaart behind them hasn't been tested yet. I think Dick should try this in one of the remaining warm-up matches, it could be a very succesful formula, because at the moment, how he is going to put the attacking puzzle together is his biggest headache.

·
Registered
65 Posts
i picked ruud van horse face, super roy, p-air, and pk.
i disagree with Knoert. if dick decides to play with 2 strikers ruud and super roy shouldnt be together. imo they are too similar, but are goal scorers only. my ideal partnership would be roy and kluivert.
my order is this:
pk
roy
p-air
ruud (he isnt sh!t for the oranje)

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I picked 5 strikers, but 8 MF, 7 Def's and 3 GK, so I still have 23.

RvN
Makaay
PvH
Kluivert
Jimmy

·
Registered
478 Posts
4 strikers:

Van hooijdonck: Supersub, and he is very important for the atmosphere in the group. You saw how sneijder reacted after his goal against scotland. And of course his free kick :thumbsup:
Van the man: At the moment he is not well in form but I think he is very important for the dutch team. and he will score a lot in Portugal :tongue:
Kluivert:He deserves more credit than he has now, scores 40 goals in 75 matches of the national team and is almost always good at tournaments.
Makaay: A good substitute when the netherlands are in front.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
This is the easiest poll of them all. Like previous posters I went for the usual 4 suspects: RVN, Kluivert, Makaay and VHD. Eventhough the second has had a season in which he scored more off the field than on it seems, but he's still better than Jimmy. In a team with lesser strikers ahead of him, the Chelsea hitman perhaps would have been a serious option, now we simply have better strikers, who are also better teamplayers. Jimmy can't much more than score, his overall play is shit. I rather have Pierre then as pinchhitter. With his freekicks, he will be feared any time he comes on.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts