• Delano Hill (Hansa Rostock)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Dickie Dick will have to soon establish who to pick for the squad. Greece was the last available friendly for him to see who to pick or not for the final 23 but who would be in yours?

Pick -/+ 8 defenders and say who and why :)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Choose 6 defenders.

Stam, Heitinga, F.De Boer, Bouma, v. Bronckhost, and Reiziger.

LB: Bouma, van Bronck
RB: Reiziger, Heitinga
CB: all can play CB except v. Bronkhost

I don't why Bogarde is in that list:confused:

·
Registered
12,740 Posts
- Jaap Stam (Lazio Roma), simply the best Dutch defender, I rate him very high...
- John Heitinga (Ajax), we need young spirit, Heitinga can showed he can perform on this level and he can gain experience for the future.
- Wilfred Bouma (PSV), consistent as left-centre-back, new Frank de Boer who stayed home :D
- Mario Melchiot (Chelsea), has to conquer with Heitinga for right back, I should take em with us for the bench.
- Nigel de Jong (Ajax), right back aswell, but he also can play on the midfield, very usefull.
- Giovanni van Bronckhorst (Barça), consistent leftback.
- Pascal Bosschaart (Utrecht), HE FINALLY DESERVES A CHANCE!!! can play as left back, defensive mid and left midfielder!

In starting eleven: Heitinga - Stam - Bouma - van Bronckhorst

·
Commander of the OSE
780 Posts
Ooijer: has been the best right back in Holland for a long time, but sadly had to endure a lot of injuries in this period... could also play center, but rather not

Stam: he's Stam, nuff said

Bouma: central defender, or on the left in 3 man defense. Talented and good in de opbouw :p

Heitinga: earned a lot of respect for his performances in friendlies, should go for experinec but shouldn't be a starter(CB or on the right in 3 man)

van Bronckhorst: best left back for a 4 man defense, brings a lot offensively and played very well against Figo

Reiziger: speedy rightback or in the center. Can be used to neutralise fast players

De Jong: talented rightback who can also be used in midfield. Good back-up, gets some experience

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same as Kluivert AGAIN! how boring :eek: :D

I don't like Ooijer. Despite him being one of the better defenders in the eredivisie , I think he lacks it against the real top players.

Went for de Jong cos of his versatility ahead of Ooijer since de Jong can also play well as a DM. Maybe he could do that in the future since Davids may not be there in 2 years time and Van Bommel is just so boring too watch!

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
Melchiot, Stam, Heitinga, Ooijer, Bouma, vBronckhorst, and F. de Boer should be the defenders I think.
Melchiot should be the first-choice right-back, Heitinga can function as un understudy to for both Melchiot and Stam. Left-centre any of Ooijer, Bouma, F. de Boer, or even Heitinga can play there. But I personally think Cocu will also play (a) match(es) on that position.
van Bronkhorst should be the first-choice left-back because he's played solidly for Barcelona in recent weeks, and Bouma could be used as a reserve left-back. I can't imagine Dick leaving Frank de Boer at home, and he's got an even greater excuse for taking him now anyway, coz he's apparently been playing well with Rangers. He'll probably be used as a sub in his usual left-centre back position, and possibly also as left-back. But I predict that Advocaat will let him play between only 15-20 minutes during the whole tournament. :eek:

About the list, I don't understand what Bogarde or Hoogma is doing in that list. Especially Bogarde, we are talking about minutes, as in the amount of playing time he's had over the past 5 years or what is it?
I wouldv'e expected to have seen Kevin Hofland, Barry Opdam, and Boudewijn Zenden on the list.

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Jaap Stam (Lazio Roma)
Nigel de Jong (Ajax)
Michael Reiziger (Barcelona)
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst (Barcelona)

those 4 sure.

Melchiot i guess for RB, but i really dont like him much...he seems a step slow a lot of the time...but i guess hes got the experience...dunno the others apart from Ricksen and de Boer, im sure they will both be there as well.

John Heitinga (Ajax)
Wilfred Bouma (PSV)
Mario Melchiot (Chelsea)
Fernando Ricksen (Glasgow Rangers)
Frank de Boer (Glasgow Rangers)
Pascal Bosschaart (FC Utrecht)
Winston Bogarde (Chelsea)
Andre Ooijer (PSV)
Nico Jan Hoogma (HSV Hamburg)
Delano Hill (Hansa Rostock)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Stam, Heitinga, De Jong, Bouma, GvB, Reiziger, and fdb. i also voted ooijer but that was a mistake.

starters:
gio...heitinga...stam...reiziger

gvb has been very solid defensively for barcelona and is good going forward. the best lb for the oranje.
heitinga is the future of the dutch center defense. he is also good enough now to deserve a starting spot.
stam is the best dutch defender
reiziger is playing very well for barça right now.
subs:
bouma is solid and could be a starter instead of johnny. if needed he could be the left center back in a 3man backline or the lb in 4man.
de jong is very talented, versatile, and possibly good enough to be a starter. by experience reiziger should start, but if he were to get injured and every1 had to rely on de jong i would not be nervous.
fdb is there due to form with rangers and because of his experience/who he is. could be the LCB or LB.
i would like to put melchiot in there as he has earned a shot, but i think reiziger has been better and that youth should be put into the squad (de jong). if dick is reluctant to put in de jong then i wouldnt mind melchiot.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Simple, the first 7 of the poll:

Stam, Heitinga, De Jong, Melchiot, GvB, Bouma and Reiziger.

GvB at left back, Stam and Heitinga in the center and De Jong or Melchiot at left back.

Guys like Bosschaart and Hill could have been good, but then they should have been included in the squad far earlier.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The first 7 and ooijer

Jaap Stam
John Heitinga
Wilfred Bouma
Mario Melchiot
Nigel de Jong
Michael Reiziger
Giovanni Van Bronckhorst
Andre Ooijer

Just because the other players in this poll are not good enough (anymore)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
In the first place I also went for Ooijer and the first 7, eventhough I don't like Andre, but with Cocu from the midfielders already coming back to defense most likely we still will have 8 players so I can still drop Andre if I want, since having extra option in midfield isn't that bad.

A nice comeback has been made by Gio. Earlier this season I had written him off, but he has found form again at Barca. Earning him two extra years in Spain and a place in my Euro-squad.

Looking at Dick though, my guess would be though that Mario and Nigel won't be selected in favour of Frank and Andre.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I want to reply on what Wally said about Ooijer not being a DM.
HE STARTED AS A MIDFIELDER!!!

so what you say is nonsense. PSV has got a load of DM's, that's why Ooijer never plays there.

Bouma - .........- Stam - Ooijer

v.d. Sar

on the dots perhaps Heitinga, or maybe Hofland?????;)

·
Registered
308 Posts
and Ooijer is able to make sure Kuijt + Buffel don't get any balls...

and you think v.Bommel plays boring football, Wally???
he plays the type of football the Feyenoord players lack (according to there own fans!) high workrate, no sissy e.g.

so what's your problem with those players???

·
Registered
59,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah sure but he hardly has played as one in the last 5 years. De Jong did it against Arsenal and had Vieira in his pocket at Highbury along with Pienaar. Ooijer can only in his dreams compete with top players. Remember what PSV with Ooijer looked like against Arsenal, 0-4, ! Ooijer is like Paauwe, players who are goodish in the eredivisie but lack the talent to excel at a higher level. It's no wonder that no decent foreign club has ever had serious interest in either Ooijer or Paauwe.
As for the right back spot, Melchiot and de Jong are both better. Ooijer would have to fight for 3rd or 4th choice along with Reiziger but alas Dick has already made the choices :rolleyes:

Also having Kuijt under control definitely isn't something really to be proud of. Firstly Ooijer is way taller so it was no wonder he won all headers. Secondly Kuijt is nothing more than the Dutch Paul Dickov. He excels against mediocre or poor sides. Against Ajax he also was in Escudes pocket. Only thanks to Heitingas blunder, he poked away a ball. When Kuijt does well against better sides, hopefully next season, then I will rate him higher and call him the Dutch Alan Smith.

As for Van Bommel, he is anything but stoer/cool. He cries in every magazine interview, dives like he's been shot and makes annoying and niggly little fouls by pulling shirts or clipping players ankles. He is anything but a Bosvelt, Heus, de Wolf or any of these guys fans often refer to. Also I wouldn't want him since Ghali is younger, more skillful and a talent plus we still have Bosschaart.

Van Bommel was seen as a talent 4 years ago but he hasn't progressed since. No wonder no top clubs are looking into him right now even though 6 million euros would be no problem for them. Instead clubs like Spurs and Schalke who both virtually have no decent midfielders want him. I'd welcome him at Spurs, most certainly but thats since our midfield is virtually non existant.

·
Registered
308 Posts
and how many games has that so called 'talenteted' de jong played in total? and this season? AND THAT'S NOT BECAUSE OF INJURY'S ! ! ! Ooijer has loads of experience, and against Arsenal the whole team sucked, i agree (but lets not talk about Feyenoords european escapades this season, shall we?). But anyhow, it wasn't Ooijers fault.... :(

He has a perfect tackle, can head a ball, even has scoring power, great marker etc etc. i wouldn't claim he's worldclass, but he's the best in the HCE. :pp

van Bommel is very irritating for his opposition, but i guess you would praise him more if he played at feyenoord (van Marwijk is his father in law btw.) as i quote:
"van Bommel is een verschrikkelijk irritante speler voor zijn tegenstanders, maar iedereen is blij om bij hem in het team te zitten, zelfs op de trainingen." ;)

something else: Holland NT has got loads of worldclass attackers, but they lack descent left-backs. So ifffff bouma DOESN'T get his chances as a CB, he can allways play LB....:howler:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Andreetje said:
and how many games has that so called 'talenteted' de jong played in total? and this season? AND THAT'S NOT BECAUSE OF INJURY'S ! ! !
No, that's because he competed with arguably the best RB in Europe and a Czech NT player. Still he has won the battle and he has played loads of games. Nigel is the best Rightback we have to offer at the moment. The only one who can compete is Melchiot at the moment. Ooijer is nothing special, especially not a RB. I'd rather see him as CB or Def. MF then, but over there we have other option. I won't cry not seeing Ooijer in Portugal to be honest.

On Van Bommel, yes his qualities deserve praise, but I still think he's a wanker and I would not want to see him at Ajax.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
where's kevin hofland? is he injured or retired? :confused:
if not, why is bogarde in the list? well i choose reiziger-stam-ooijer-bouma. :)

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
If you look at some of the other players Hofland indeed could have been added to the list. Not that it matters still, cause the selection has been made by Dick and Kevin wasn't one of them. Same goes for Ooijer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts