Xtratime Community banner

whos your Dutch sportsman/woman/team of 2004 ?

• Total voters
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Section A is for the best sportsman
Section B best sportswoman
C for best sportsteam

Vote 1 from each section, have fun :)

For me, I picked P VdHoogenband. The moment of the olympics for me when he won gold :cool:

Women, went for Anky van Grunsveen. Not because I'm a horsesfan. Actually detest the sport but I thought Inge de Bruijn was a bit disappointing by her own very high standards and Leontien had great moments too, but Ankys gold was more or less uncexpected on a new horse.

Best team for me was the womens hockey team. Shame they came second against the overweight Germans :groan: but made it up in style last in the champions trophy! :shades:

·
Registered
936 Posts
VDH is just amazing. If he had been a footballer, he would have been our new Cruijff.

I like Ankie but I don't consider dancing around on a horse a sport, so that disqualifies her. Inge wasn't really dissapointing but van Moorsel was awesome again. (and I believe she is a nicer person)

I voted for the Holland 8. Was a close call though, the others were good to. But contrary to the other categories neither of them was the best. (Ok, the hockeygirls won the CT)

Could someone remove Paauwe, he's an insult to the rest. ;)

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigRon said:
Could someone remove Paauwe, he's an insult to the rest. ;)
well if Pim Fortuyn can be our greatest ever Dutchman, why not :shades: :pp

To be honest I expected more golds from Inge. Maybe its just me cos I don't really follow swimming bar in the olympics. btw I saw her once in Rotterdam near crazy pianos/ Haringvliet and rushed to give her a handshake along with couple of mates of mine (probably were a bit tipsy as well). Probably didn't endear myself to her with that :D

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
BigRon said:
Thanx for bringing that up again. :rolleyes: Just when I almost forgot it.
Next thing we'll be doing must be honoring Advocaat as the best coach of 2004. :yuck:
well on paper, reaching the semis was the maximum we could have reached with the group Dick had to his disposal. :angel: hehe, yeah nothing beats that decision :rollani:

·
Registered
59,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where's my Paauwe option?! where's our freedom of speech :fero:

whos been playing with the poll? :fero: :irritate: I suspect my sworn enemy, the Vennegoor hater :notlist:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Pieter van den hoogenband, inge de bruijn and women hockeyteam of course

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
I've voted for:

VdH
Tinus
Hot chi..., euh the Women hockey team. Can't vote for anyone else with my current avatar of course. None of the teams have won the ultimate title or gold, so I had to chose on the silvers and since their silver stayed in my mind the longest and hockey is of course a more broadcasted sport...

Man and female don't need an explanation I thin.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
best sportsman: Pieter . His win at the Olympics was just fantastic. Although I prefer Thorpedo I wanted him to take this Gold. I still remember how enthusiastic he celebrated this , I had fun when I saw him sitting in the NOS studio drinking beer and sparkling wine with the judoka . :D And what I also liked: he showed that he can lose (after the 200 m race).

best sportswoman: Leontien . Outstanding athlete !

best team: I voted for the swimming team, but that´s personal taste. Maybe the hockey woman would deserve it more, don´t know.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
the winners from NOS Sportgala :

Pieter , Leontien and the men´s 4x100 m freestyle relay . Deserved winners! :)

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
I voted for Wennemars coz he achieved something this year which he had never done before in his sport. vdHoogenband didn't do as good this year as in 2000.

I think AZ first has to win either the league or UEFA Cup to be considered sports team of the year.

·
Registered
22,487 Posts
Bazman said:
I voted for Wennemars coz he achieved something this year which he had never done before in his sport. vdHoogenband didn't do as good this year as in 2000.
I think what vdH achieved this year can´t be rated highly enough. 2000 was outstanding, great. But to hold this level 4 years and defend the title then is something only the big ones manage to do.
It was an olympic year, so surely a disadvantage for a skater.

·
Registered
23,835 Posts
If it's a summer Olympic that it is, of course. Especially with the ladies the competition was hard. Now girls like Timmer and Groenewold, both World Champs weren't even nominated for the title. Simply cause he had three golden ladies already there on those three spots.

In the end I could also live more with the title for the swimboys than the hockeyladies. The fact that they lost the gold and the swimmers won the silver against stiff competition proved to be more grabbing to the other sporters who had to vote.

·
Banned
1,806 Posts
delpi_vanni_10 said:
I think what vdH achieved this year can´t be rated highly enough. 2000 was outstanding, great. But to hold this level 4 years and defend the title then is something only the big ones manage to do.
It was an olympic year, so surely a disadvantage for a skater.
I see your point, real champions win again and again and again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts