Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody

I'm writing a text about Dutch and Belgian revelation players of 2003/04 and I wonder if you can bring some names to I think of. I have a huge list of players and I'm starting excluding some ones to select some of each league. So if you think some players suit to this list please type it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Some from the top of my head would be:

Mitea from Ajax - a young Romanian left winger with good dribbling skills

Hossam Ghali from Feyenoord - powerful Egyptian central midfielder who has shown potential in his first season

Ali Elkhatabbi - Moroccan/Dutch attacker at AZ whos done well this season

Aruna Kone - Young Ivory Coast striker at Roda who has flair and proved that he could do a bit or two scoring against PSV in Eindhoven in Rodas win against them earlier this season.

Blase N'Kufo - already 28, but this Swiss/ Congolese striker now at Twente almost singlehandedly ripped Ajaxs and Feyenoords defence apart with his power.

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
I wouldn't call Ali Elkhattabi a revelation. It was known that he can score goals for medium-sized teams. He is just a quality player, always been from the early days at Sparta.

Ghali. Not a revelation either. He only played a handful of matches yet, and even though he has potential, he hasn't done enough yet. I think he could well be a revelation next year, when he plays a whole season from the start.

Revelations:

John Heitinga - Ajax. The next big thing in central defence to fill in the gap that will be left by Jaap Stam

Nigel De Jong - Ajax. Young boy with a lot of potential at rightback or at the midfield.

Robben - PSV - Before his injury had a good season which earned him a transfer to Chelski.

And the others Wally mentioned. Yeah you know, Wally, the guy with that over-the-top signature. :eek: :crybaby: :fero:

·
Registered
59,033 Posts
Prince-O said:

Ghali. Not a revelation either. He only played a handful of matches yet, and even though he has potential, he hasn't done enough yet. I think he could well be a revelation next year, when he plays a whole season from the start.

And the others Wally mentioned. Yeah you know, Wally, the guy with that over-the-top signature. :eek: :crybaby: :fero:
You're no longer " the voice of reason" :fero:

:pp

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Heitinga is a chance, but if i put him because of his NT launch it's not "fair" to leave Sneijder also out, right?

Ghaly doesn't play well? as for Kone I still have some doubts due to his Lierse season in 02/03.

tell me about Stefano Seedorf, Vonlanthen

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
Wally said:
You're no longer " the voice of reason" :fero:

:pp
In you signature, it says Argentina style Feyenoord kit. :confused: What is that about? Since when do the Argies have Green and White? :eek:

·
Registered
10,421 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
Heitinga is a chance, but if i put him because of his NT launch it's not "fair" to leave Sneijder also out, right?

Ghaly doesn't play well? as for Kone I still have some doubts due to his Lierse season in 02/03.

tell me about Stefano Seedorf, Vonlanthen
Heitinga has shown more this year than Sneijder. Heitinga is the new leader of the Ajax defence, while Sneijder is not even certain of a starting spot. :)

Stefano Seedorf is playing decent at NAC. Good for them, but just not good enough for a top team. He will move to Groningen next year.

Vonlanthen is probably something bright in PSV's dark future. He is developing pretty quickly and I rate him pretty high.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
Prince-O said:
Heitinga has shown more this year than Heitinga.
:howler:

As for the shirt look up the new away kit topic in the Feyenoord forum and it'll become clear. ;)

Revelations you ask?

Jurgen Colin/PSV, although this isn't his first season in the first division he's proving that he's good enough for a Dutch topclub like PSV and IMO even has the potential to one day make the Dutch NT.

Patrick Mtiliga/Feyenoord, brought in from satelite club Excelsior and is doing a very fine job so far. Very technical winger who's forced to play as leftback.

Iwan Redan/Roda JC, broke through at RKC and earned himself a transfer to Roda, IMO already one of the best strikers in the Dutch league.

Edgar Barreto/NEC, transferred in from Paraguay, very young. Hasn't played much yet but has been excellent the few times I saw him, definitely one for the future.

·
Registered
40,650 Posts
LuisPedroCat said:
Ghaly doesn't play well?
Except for one mistake in the derby he's been doing very well. As Wally said before, always looks for a solution without pounding the ball forward. He deserves to be mentioned no doubt. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts