Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My name is Daniel and I'm working for a Soccer Magazine in Holland.

I want to know what people of other countries think of the footbal in the Netherlands. Which clubs do you know and what do you think of those clubs. I allso want to know if you would like to play in Holland if you were a professional footbal player. In other words: Tell as much as you know about the footbal in Holland/Netherlands.

Thanks and Greetingzz,

Daniel

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Daniel.

I'm a professinal coach from Europe and now I live in Canada.
I'm very interested in Netherlands soccer because they have very good soccer school for young players. I studied the Ajax school
program and I'm realy sure that it is the best program on the world. I know many players from you country and I like them, becaues they know everything from soccer ABC.
I wish the best Netherlands soccer.

david smith

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Hi Daniel and David! Welcome to the forum.

I'm not a coach or player, but I know the Ajax program is well respected in this country.

I don't particularly follow any of the Dutch teams, but again, I think any Canadian player would be happy to play in Holland. I don't know of any who actually are playing there at present, though.

·
Administrator
11,759 Posts
Hi
I became a PSV fan way back when they were winning Champions cup.
I also liked Gerets as a player (and as a coach).
It was sad to see the infighting basically destroy the chance of Holland doing really well at Italia '90. Van Basten , Gullit and Rijkaard's talent and others like Van Breukelen didn't translate into success for the Dutch NT.
They had a great coach back then too, Rinus Michel for Euro '88 when Van Basten's classic goal really amazed me:)
These days I follow PSV as much as I can. Eventhough it is rare to find a good English language source on them...

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Hi Daniel........

I live in Toronto, Canada has a Visa student, but i am orignally from Israel. I actually highly rate soccer from the Netherlands. In Israel, soccer from Holland is quite big. As far as i can remember a local TV company placed a poll for Israelis on what European Leuages they want to see, and so of course England came as #1, and Spain #2, but then i think Holland came in #3, tied with Turkey and maybe Germany as well :)

So in my home country it is highly respected.

If i was a player, i would want to play in the Netherlands, because there league is very professional and they have a good fan base as well. Teams like Rotherdam, Feynerwood, Ajax, PSV as well as RODA are by far top quality teams of the world.

Did i also mention i've been to the netherlands and done the famous BeNeLux tour (Belgium - Netherlands - Luxemborg) and i love it!!! :heart: :heart:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts