Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rijkard called the following players...

GOALKEEPERS:
Edwin van der Sar (Juventus), Sander Westerveld (Liverpool), Ed De Goey (Chelsea)

DEFENDERS:
Frank de Boer (Barcelona), Winston Bogarde (Barcelona), Bert Konterman (Feyenoord), Arthur Numan (Rangers), Andre Ooijer (PSV Eindhoven), Michael Reiziger (Barcelona), Jaap Stam (Manchester United)

MIDFIELDERS:
Ronald de Boer (Barcelona), Philip Cocu (Barcelona), Paul Bosvelt (Feyenoord), Giovanni Van Bronckhorst (Rangers), Edgar Davids (Juventus), Clarence Seedorf (Inter Milan), Aron Winter (Ajax), Boudewijn Zenden (Barcelona), Peter Van Vossen (Feyenoord), Jeffrey Talan (Heerenveen), Marc Overmars (Arsenal)

FORWARDS:
Dennis Bergkamp (Arsenal), Patrick Kluivert (Barcelona), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Atletico Madrid), Pierre Van Hooijdonk (Vitesse Arnhem), Roy Makaay (Deportivo La Coruna)

Who would YOU cut? you have to cut 4 players of course...my choices:

Van Vossen (not place for him)
Talan (the same)
Winter (time to move on)
Van Hoojdonk (close call between him and Bosvelt,I decide to leave Van Hoojdonk out because there are so many decent forwards over there,he is one of them but he will neverv play)

------------------
Any given Sunday,you either win or loose.That's FOOTBALL...

·
XCC Winner 2001
4,440 Posts
My choices would be:

-Bosvelt ( what is he doing there?)
-Van Vossen ( he is only called cause he is a very good friend of Frenk )
-Winter, very clear!
-Makaay ( how much I regret it, he just doesnt fit in the team, same goes for Hasselbaink, though he would be manage to fit in I guess)

And Talan, I think he is a good profit, he is one of the fewer dutch strikers who can actually play on the wings.

[This message has been edited by Michel (edited 16-05-2000).]

S

·
0 Posts
1) an Vossen for sure (did not play for alomst 5 months without a regular game)
2) Makaay
3) Hasselbaink
4) Seedorf (he has 40+ caps and did not make an imprseeion in either of these matches, I prefer Bosvelt as he has fighting spirit, which is lacked by 90% of dutch players)

------------------
THE VIOLA FORCE IS GONNA RULE THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------
FORZA VIOLA
FORZA FEYENOORD (the team that also HATES Juventus, Lazio & AC Milan)

D

·
0 Posts
Very hard to decide, but.......

Talan - Rijkaard is still searching for a deep-lying right-sided player, but Talan isn't the answer, rather stick to R. De Boer

Van Vossen - Not a forward with Feyenoord, usually a left-winger, and Overmars and Zenden are way better. Has lacked of form, and isn't one of the fastest, and he's old

Oojier - Has very little experience, Numan or Bogarde should be taken instead of him
Should he be taken, he probably won't play anyway.

Makaay - That means only 4 pure strikers, Bergkamp,Kluivert,Hasselbaink, and Van Hooijdonk, but Cocu and Overmars can also play forward. But anyway, right-half is definitely not his position, and as striker he probably won't get to play anyway, Van Hooijdonk and Hasselbaink would be chosen ahead of him.

Which does mean Winter, a very useful player, has suffered from Ajax's poor season, but is able to balance the team by playing just in front of the defense or right-half he can also play.

And Seedorf in also because, he can be brilliant, and he may show it this time, one of the few talented right-footed midfielders, so he could be useful stand in for R. De Boer. And also Bosvelt in, he's played well in the recent friendlies, Rijkaard should take his chances with this player. Among the best Dutch players in the domestic league this season.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
Hasselbaink - he's just the worst of the five.
Seedorf - never was good for Oranje
Bosvelt - unexperienced, too many players in front of him
Van Vossen - hasn't played that much lately...

A

·
0 Posts
Davids!
Overmars!
Stam!
v/d Sar!

just kidding!
That were the 4 best players

Seedorf: Doesn't need explaination I
think.
Hasselbaink: Well, somebody has to go.
It has to be a striker.
van Vossen: Still a mystery to me why
he's selected.
Talan: He's good, but not good enough
for this level, besides he's
unexperienced.

Take a look at one of the best Euro 2000 site on the WWW:
http://www.ec2000soccer.com

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
ooijer(not impressing me)
bosvelt(maybe good this year but too old for the future)
ed de goey(okey,but they other 2 are better)
talan(don't know him)
van vossen(ok,but holland got others)
now its only 21 players
maybe give bosvelt a chance......

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
oki lets drop bosvelt or winter........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts