Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deportivo midfielder Aldo Duscher has refused to apologise for the horror tackle that could have ended David Beckham's World Cup dreams.
The Argentinian, who was later sent off for for collecting two bookable offences, believes the incident has been blown out of all proportion.
Duscher said: "They're making more of it because it's Beckham, but we're all the same here.
"Why should I apologise? I hope he gets over the injury soon, but that's the end of it."
Deportivo coach Javier Irureta was pleased with his team's attitude and content to have reached the last eight two years running.
"It was our second experience in the Champions League, and we have to keep learning," he said.
"The team has performed at a high level throughout the competition and has reached the same stage as last season. Doing so well two years on the trot is hard, and Depor should congratulate themselves on the achievement."

·
Registered
9,811 Posts
It makes it worse the fact that hes a Argentine as well as he won't apologise for what he did.

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
atleast tristan had the decency to apoligise. it's blaintantly obvious that duscher's tackle was illegal so the least he can do is apoligise. dirty ****!

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
actually, he called beckham and apologised. beck accepted his apologise. then duscher said that beck showed he is a great person.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Beefy said:
atleast tristan had the decency to apoligise. it's blaintantly obvious that duscher's tackle was illegal so the least he can do is apoligise. dirty ****!
perhaps the florist didn't open till the morning ;)

Or he thought Becks was a grotesque ugly poof ;)

Or he is a heartless kunt :tongue:

·
The Dude
4,448 Posts
Duscher called Beckham to say that he was sorry...

But honestly, this is football...those things happen...
I think Duscher has been extremly unfair treated...He did a bad tackle, yes, but that doesnt mean he should be pointed out as the devil as alot of newspapers has done :(

Anyway...Im sure Beckham will come back right before the WC to be a shining star :)

·
International
9,526 Posts
I"ve now seen the tackle in the context of the game, and whilst I don't think its the most horrendous tackle ever, Duscher was obviously intent on intimidating and perhaps hurting someone amongst the United team, in an attempt to stamp, literally, Depor's comeback, on the game. He stepped on Beck's foot in the penalty area, deliberately, and a pen wasn't given. He was kicking Giggs around the heals over by the corner flag, and got away with it. He appeared a very firey player, intent on doing damage. But I do think that the tone of the reports have been overly zealous, and that we have to put this incident behind us and get on with it, even though it leaves a very bitter taste in one's mouth.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
Now that he has apologized publicly as well as personally to Becks,I guess we can rest the case.

There some very important games coming up from 7 days time and I just hope that the players available raise their game and win those.:)

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
that's what juan is here for. in recent years david's position was the only one that wasn't covered, but we've got a world-class player who is keen to impress following his stunning performance against the spaniards in mid-week.

·
Registered
6,853 Posts
that's what juan is here for. in recent years david's position was the only one that wasn't covered, but we've got a world-class player who is keen to impress following his stunning performance against the spaniards in mid-week.
True....but the fact is Seba is a much better player on the center of that midfield and definitely better equiped for that central role.His defensive skills arent exactly solid and when playing on the flanks,one has to do a lot of covering work to protect your right back.Thats why I feel,Seba should be played on the center while SDcholes shifts to the right flank,just like he did in the first half against Leicester.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts