Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
..yeah you, I've got a question for you.

I've heard something about a supposed Swedish talent called Dusan Djuric, who is this kid, his position, club etc. Obviously I'm asking this cause his name is as Serbian as it gets. :)

Also, Bojan Djordjic is about to sign for Rangers, how do you feel about that? do you think he still has a shot at the Swedish NT?
Cause like a week ago he told a Serbian newspaper that he wouldn't reject a call up from Serbia, of course in current form there's not a chance he'll get called up, but in a few months, who knows. Although I'm not quite sure if there's a deadline for switching NT's. Perhaps someone could clarify that as well. :D

Now take your time and thanks!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hello there

edit:sorry about that. Well imo Dusan Djuric was the best midfielder in the swedish league last season. He's a verey technical, creative and hardworking central midfielder. With saying he's a central midfielder he could really blend into alot of midfielder roles in the future, except as a holding midfielder or a pure winger i'd say.

He's playing at a club called halmstad who finished second last season. Imo they were a verey poor side carried mainly by only three really good players, Rosenberg, Jönsson and of course Djuric in midfield. Dusan acted in a rather restricted role handling most of the build up on his own, meanwhile with his central partner Magnus Svensson spending most of his time running around like a headless chicken giving little freedom to Djuric.

Great player in short, really, abit of a creative genious when it comes to finding short quick solutions, and hardly ever lose the ball due superb first touch. He's also verey mentally strong, he always impress in matches that matters the most, atleast thats the trend he held so far.

And he isnt really weak physically, has a rather suited bodey structure for the football he plays and makes up the lack of weight with great determination.

About Djordjic. There was alot of fuss going on years ago how he never recived a chance with the u21 :D I am verey unsure if he ever played an official game with the swedish u-21. And am equally unsure bout those uefa rules to be honest :/

I havent even seen Djordjic play for that sake.

·
Registered
11,477 Posts
He plays for Halmstad that became second in the league. he looks a little bit small and weak, but is quick and tricky. Surerly one of their best players.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
JKris said:
He plays for Halmstad that became second in the league. he looks a little bit small and weak, but is quick and tricky. Surerly one of their best players.
Another Ishizaki and Stefanidis?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
What?

Stefanidis and Ishizaki may both be physically weak but the former is still decent while the latter never showed anything special and remains average. Nevertheless they have nothing in common as footballers.

Djuric isnt what I would call a trixy sort of player. He plays as a defensive/central midfielder rigth now, a role Stefanidis/ishizaki could never play, hence discredit those silly resembles. Djuric could improve on his defending but its hardly like he suffers from lack of physical presence when in possesion.

If it was mentally and physically wise you were refering to, Frederik. Then, Djuric reminds alot more of Ljungberg, bar still some bit better physically. They both have a great aggressiveness when shielding the ball and shair the same mental characteristics.

·
Registered
14,672 Posts
It's said Anderlecht interested in Dusan Djuric. It remains to be seen whether the have a chance of signing him, considering the fact that (apart from wages and the interest of other and bigger clubs) 5mil euro was too much.

How would you compare Djuric to let's say Zetterberg.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Well, he's not a lazy bum like Pär for sure :). To be fair I hate comparing players but he isnt a playmaker like Zetterberg at all. Alot more energic, hardworking and can be played in alot of different roles. I think anderlecht have a good chance of signing Djuric. Dont think he's caught much attention yet, he's quite inconsistant, at time erratic.

Either way, would probably be a good move for both parts imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts