Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The under-17 European Championships are currently being played in Denmark and this is a very good way to see some of the best youth players in Europe. Denmark has a very talented squad, one of the best in years actually. One player to watch out for is Morten 'Duncan' Rasmussen. Last night he scored the last 5 goals in the match against Finland:eek:. He's a true striker. Strong, good in the air, quick, good technique and a 'nose' for goals. His strength and headeing skills is also the reason for his nick. Duncan:cool: Like in Duncan Ferguson;)!

The groups so far:

Group A:
England 2 2 0 0 5-2 6
Denmark 2 1 1 0 10-4 4
Holland 2 0 1 1 4-6 1
Finland 2 0 0 2 2-9 0

Group B:
Switzerland 2 2 0 0 4-1 6
France 2 1 1 0 2-0 4
Ukrain 2 0 1 1 1-3 1
Portugal 2 0 0 2 0-3 0

Group C:
Jugoslavia 2 2 0 0 9-4 6
Spain 2 2 0 0 8-3 6
Moldova 2 0 0 2 5-10 0
Czech Rep. 2 0 0 2 2-7 0

Group D:
Poland 2 1 1 0 4-2 4
Georgia 2 0 2 0 2-2 2
Germany 1 0 1 0 1-1 1
Hungary 1 0 0 1 1-3 0

Note: Brøndby is the team with the most players in the Danish squad;) Kasper Lorentzen, Niki Zimling(cap.), Kasper Ambrosen, Dennis Cagara and Henrik Kildentoft. Btw, they're all starters and Lorentzen and Zimling is also some of the best in the squad:tongue:;).

·
Flop
5,498 Posts
When I saw that game yesterday I was absolutely thrilled. The way Duncan moved reminded me so much of Ebbe Sand The way he runs and find the free spaces, the way he fights to get the ball, his strenght and his jumping when he heads the ball. This is certainly someone to watch out for in the future. That guy has potential. Two of my friends play Serie 1 (I think) for AGF and they have seen him train a few times. They were just amazed.

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also watched him play. It was for AGF in an 'ynglinge' match against B93. AGF won 4-1 and he scored all 4 GF-goals:cool:

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I'm back after a few days offline :cool: :).

This guy rocks so hard, just like all the other players on this team :proud:. I'm now officially a fan of theirs. It's quite funny, Jeppe Brandrup is going on my school, and I know many on my school, playing for B93 who have played against many of those guys, and talk with them often :).

I particulary like Absalonson, Lorentzen and Duncan :cool:.

Duncan's finishing is so amazingly clinical, I'd say this guy's ready for Superliga action already, or incase they get relegated, I'm sure he can get really good in division one. That would give him some good experience, for him to handle the Superliga at a later stage :).

I hope we can win this, just think about how much ppl talk about the winning squads, such as Portugal's, with Rui Costa, Figo, etc!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Ok, maybe I should have explained more thourougly for the outsiders ;), in 91 or at least the beginning of the 90's, Portugal won this cup with a team mainly consisting of the stars in todays team :). That's why I think it's interesting that we're doing so well, maybe this is the golden generation *thumbs up* :).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts