Xtratime Community banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

· The one who was Bella
20,210 Posts
It's said Valencia are intrested in getting him comming January, as a 2nd gk most defenetly, after Renan(Brazil U-21 gk).

Another club interested in him is Borusia Minchengladbach(alot of spelling I guess), where Gal Alberman and Roberto Colautti play, their represenetives were in the match, and were seen talking to him after the match.

· Registered
5,707 Posts
The Monchengladbach offer sounds good. I fear in Valencia he may be benchwarming (even though IMO he is better than their current goalie) so this would hardly be progress.

It is a shame Depor treats him like dirt. He has done so many great things for them, the fans loved him, he feels at home in La Coruna and his family is happy there. Why does he have to be punished while this Manua guy was the one attacking him?? He should be the nr 1 in La Coruna, why he wants to stay at a club that shows no respect to him is something I dont understand.

I still hope he will be playing soon and stays nr 1 for Israel. I just like the guy, he is a very skilled goalie but he has this charisma that I like a lot. I know Davidovitch is a great goalie as well, but still, Dudu should be the nr 1 in usual circumstances (= if it wasnt for his club treating him without respect)

· Registered
11,734 Posts
He should have been getting offers quickly..
this is the same saga with Benayoun.
Benayoun has done terrific things for West Ham, but no one has picked up the paper and pen and signed him. Its ridiculous. Than he goes to Liverpool and still has some issues, but is still needed there.

In any case, i hope that Dudu will find a home. he carries French passport and that means any team in Europe can take him on as he is under the Bosman Ruling

· Registered
12,762 Posts
How did he get this French passport in fact? He is born in Haifa as far as I know, are his parents of French origin having used the Aliyah law to relocate to Israel? Or is his wife of French origin (can be a handy trick to get dual citizenship, just ask Colautti)
yes, Aouate holds a French passport. He was born in Nazrath Illit a northern city in Israel near Haifa.

As you must know many jews came from mediterranean and arab countries in the independence and many of these countries were still under french colony. So probably his parents had the French passport.

· Registered
5,707 Posts
Ah yes, you are right, it was Nazareth Ilit. I should have remembered that about one of my favourite players. He also started his career with the Nazareth Ilit team (though moved to Haifa while being very young so we can say it was in Haifa his career really took off). I know he is married with two daughters but given his wifes name I doubted she would have been the French connection.

· Registered
12,762 Posts
Dudu Aouate has been negotiating with two teams from the Spanish La Liga and in the next few days will announce which team he will join when the January transfer window opens.

The Spanish media that the Israeli international has already agreed terms with Sporting Gijon, one of the options. The club currently lies in 12th place with 18 points, but is the team that has most conceded in the league thanks to a terrible start in the league.

But Aouate´s agent, Ronen Katzav, said that despite Gijon being an option it is not 100% sure he will move to the team from Asturias region. Mallorca is also a real option and could be the next team Aouate will join. The reds are currently in relegation zone.

What do you guys think? The good news here is that at least he will find himself a club in which he could play.

· Registered
5,707 Posts
Both would be good options. The Spanish league is still amongst the top 3 leagues in Europe so any Primera Division team is actually quite good. He will play against top teams such as Real, Barcelona, Valencia etc, he will get exposure in full stadiums every week. Both Gijon and Mallorca are likely to give him full confidence as nr 1 goalie. So it seems he has got some good options and made the right choice after all to stay patient and wait for another Spanish club to sign for.

PS of course life in Mallorca is nicer than life in some random city away from the coast. I am sure the chicas at the beach would love Dudu (I know several female football fans who have the hots for him)

· Registered
12,762 Posts
Both would be good options. The Spanish league is still amongst the top 3 leagues in Europe so any Primera Division team is actually quite good. He will play against top teams such as Real, Barcelona, Valencia etc, he will get exposure in full stadiums every week. Both Gijon and Mallorca are likely to give him full confidence as nr 1 goalie. So it seems he has got some good options and made the right choice after all to stay patient and wait for another Spanish club to sign for.

PS of course life in Mallorca is nicer than life in some random city away from the coast. I am sure the chicas at the beach would love Dudu (I know several female football fans who have the hots for him)
Well Gijon, is a coast city aswell, maybe not the same beaches as in Mallorca, but apparently seems to be a nice city. Aouate said he had offers from teams outside Spain, but said that his wife wished to remain in the country since they are very well adapted and wish to live there after he retires.

· Registered
11,734 Posts
Im not happy with the fact that Mallorca is not doing so good this season, but it does seem like an honest team that can be good and in the future can make it to european compeititons...

and i also want to get Dudu into some shape before Febuary and hopefully vs. Greece...

· Registered
5,707 Posts
Great news, finally someone recognises his talent and offers him what he deserves: a long term contract and very likely the nr 1 jersey :thumbsup:

Mallorca has a bad season but don't forget they played UEFA Cup a few times already so they are generally not a bad bet. Also, Depor has had their bad seasons and narrowly saved themselves. I am quite sure Mallorca will be buying more players and strengthen their team to survive in the Primera Division. And Dudu can definitely play his part in that, several Deportivo fans acknowledged how he played a big part in saving Depor during the one season when they had relegation worries.

· Registered
5,707 Posts
My Spanish is a bit rusty, but does anyone understand the following article?
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/mallorca/es/desarrollo/1195012.html

I just wonder if it says anything about how the Mallorca manager feels about Awat becoming the permanent nr 1? I guess if he does well while the previous nr 1 Moya is injured, he will stay in goal anyway. But did the manager want him with the intention to become the new nr 1 for the next years to come? I guess they did not just get him as temporary replacement of Moya, otherwise they would not give him a 4.5 years deal?

· Registered
12,762 Posts
My Spanish is a bit rusty, but does anyone understand the following article?
http://www.marca.com/edicion/marca/futbol/1a_division/mallorca/es/desarrollo/1195012.html

I just wonder if it says anything about how the Mallorca manager feels about Awat becoming the permanent nr 1? I guess if he does well while the previous nr 1 Moya is injured, he will stay in goal anyway. But did the manager want him with the intention to become the new nr 1 for the next years to come? I guess they did not just get him as temporary replacement of Moya, otherwise they would not give him a 4.5 years deal?

The article is favourable for Aouate. It says that the manager hired him with the hope he could help the team to safe itself from relegation and with the injury of Moya that is expected to return training in February and Lux in bad form Aouate is likely to assume the number one jersey.

· Registered
5,707 Posts
:thumbsup:

I just hope Moya won't get the benefit of the doubt once he is back, just because fans may like him as he is a Mallorca native. If the coach has a functioning brain, Dudu should be the nr 1 for the next seasons to come. He has long proven he is a reliable goalie that can win points for his team.

When will Dudu make his debut for Mallorca? The local pub here shows Spanish footie, I'd be keen on seeing the game. Dudu's my favourite goalie and played a large part in my growing interest in Israeli football, so I would love to see his moment of glory when he will show the world he is back in business :proud: Depor will soon enough realise what they lost!

· Registered
12,762 Posts
:thumbsup:

I just hope Moya won't get the benefit of the doubt once he is back, just because fans may like him as he is a Mallorca native. If the coach has a functioning brain, Dudu should be the nr 1 for the next seasons to come. He has long proven he is a reliable goalie that can win points for his team.

When will Dudu make his debut for Mallorca? The local pub here shows Spanish footie, I'd be keen on seeing the game. Dudu's my favourite goalie and played a large part in my growing interest in Israeli football, so I would love to see his moment of glory when he will show the world he is back in business :proud: Depor will soon enough realise what they lost!

Well i imagine that a 4,5 and half contract means he is expected to contribute a lot to the team which in other words could be the starting lineup. Aouate came from a tough situation in La Coruna and definitely wouldn´t like to stay at reserve once again for a long time. He is a great goalkeeper and in Spain they know his potential a lot.
Other than that, he doesn´t want to lose his spot in the NT.

· Registered
11,734 Posts
They lost 1-0 to Osasuna :( not good....

but they are only 3 points out of relegation zone

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.