Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Benfica has signed the 21 year old Dudic and they are pursueing his teamate from Red Star Ivic as well. Please let me know about these two players...there strengths and weaknesses.

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
There is no Ivic in Red Star, maybe you are talking about Ilic..??
Anyway, Dudic is as some experts say, one of the best right backs to come out of our country in the last 15 years..Very talented, even got a spot for EURO this year and many expect him (I also think it's a possibility) to even be in the starting line up...
Fast, aggressive, has got a wonderful cross, and has set up quite a few goals that way, his defending is also very good, and as an example lets say that Red Star has conceeded only 19 goals in 45 matches (including the cup)...
A couple of years ago he had a bad habit of leaving "holes" in the defence, I myself know he did that a couple of times, but this year he has totally changed and has been playing in a very mature fashion...
Anyway, all this was achieved in a very weak Yugo league, and even though I feel he is going to make it in Benfica, we will just have to wait and see.. :)
Cheers..

·
International
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Red Star Forever...I am confident that Dudic will be exceptional on Benfica. We need defenders like him. The name I heard was Vlademir Ivic from Red Star, 23 year old midfielder that Michel Prudhomme is trying to get for us...but it could be Ilic.

As to why a young player would like to play at Benfica, well that just proves your ignorance when it comes to European football. Benfica has over 100,000 "socios" who bleed for their club. Two, they qualify for Europe every year, and with the addition of Dudic and some others will soon be going far into them. Three, Lisbon is a great place to play in...just ask Schmeichel. Five Portugal loves tough Eastern European players...see Balakov, Zahovic, Drulovic, Poborsky and so on.

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Premium Member
27,256 Posts
RedEagle, if that's Vladimir Ivic, then you are talking about a player from Partizan, not Red Star... :)
Cheers!

G

·
0 Posts
Nah, Ivic aint going to Portugual, he's either staying in Yugoslavia, or he is going to Italy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts