Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudek owes a goodbye to Feyenoord fans

- Liverpool FC goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek promised a surprise for the supporters of his old club Feyenoord.
Speaking to his icons.com page, the Polish defender indicated: "I have said before that I am fortunate to have played for clubs like Feyenoord and Liverpool, which are similar and where the supporters are fantastic.
"I had a very good relationship with the fans at Feyenoord, just as I do with the ones here. But after spending three years with them I really wanted to say a proper goodbye before I came to Liverpool. Unfortunately, because everything happened so quickly - within three days, in fact - that hasn't been possible. Well, not yet.
"The Feyenoord supporters helped me so much that I feel I owe them a real goodbye. So far I haven't been able to find the time because of the number of games I have been involved in. You don't have one second to think!
"But maybe I will surprise them this season. When that could be is difficult to say at the moment, but I would love to go over there and say a real farewell. In my heart I know it's something I have to do.
"I have a lot of contact still with people at Feyenoord and everybody wants to see me. But I have had no time. I'm sorry! But I do want to give them a surprise before this season is over.
"Last summer when everybody was talking about me going to Arsenal, the people who came to the training ground at Feyenoord said goodbye to me. They told me I would not be coming back and they gave me many gifts, including flowers. I was touched, of course, but I was also surprised.
"This is because I wasn't signing for another club. I was staying at Feyenoord. The supporters were pleased because they wanted to say goodbye in the right way. But in signing for Liverpool two months later, I know I have to go back and see those people one more time.
"Some Feyenoord supporters have come over to see me play for Liverpool. They make the trip whenever they can, but it's not easy to get a ticket here! However, they do seem to find other means of getting them and, naturally, I help them out when I can.
"Against Chelsea recently I bought tickets for 10 of Feyenoord's junior players, boys of 12 and 13, who wanted to see me. They were all dressed in the Feyenoord outfit. After the game they were very happy because I was able to meet them. It was also very good for me.
"I hope I can be a stimulus for these young players and that in 10 years they will have the chance of playing professional football because it is a wonderful experience.
"It goes without saying that I still follow Feyenoord's results very closely. I watch their games whenever I have the chance. I can never forget the kind of help I got from the people over there. Nobody could. Feyenoord are in the semi-final of the UEFA Cup and I hope they can win it. That would be really great".

-it seems that he really loves Feyenoord. U guys were good to him and its good to see that Feyenoord was more than a club to him :)

·
Registered
833 Posts
Feyenoord has always had tremendous goalkeepers, Dudek was one of the best and IMO he's currently one of the best in the business! Also, he's not arrogant and a really nice guy, that has increased the adoration of Feyenoord fans.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts