Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that this will not go down well with many people here but this topic is about Dion Dublin. One of my work colleagues is an Aston Villa (I had a lend of one of his shirts for Sat so luckily the dress was not needed.) and he was talking about Dublin. I have always thought that Dublin was pure class but he made one point that made methink which was that Dublin relies on the service of others too much.
I can not remember a one on one this season where he has scored by running thorough and slotting it past the keeper.
I am not saying that you should get rid of him but was wondering what you thought of this little insight (or bollocks, whatever you want to call it really).

Also my comiserations on the final loss. I was gutted (not as much as you obviously) but I like Villa.

One problem I have is that Taylor started yet he was not fit. I know he is a very important player but did Gregory make a mistake in playing him.

Also the mistake by James was not that bad. It was a difficult ball and most keepers would have had troubles with it.

J

·
0 Posts
I like Dublin and he is a quality player but since he's been back the team has had to change their style. Now they pump balls into the air for Dublin to head on where as before when Benni and JJ were up front they had to play proper football to score goals. The tatics they apply when Dublin is playing work if you have an out and out striker which we do not yet have - hopefully Mr Nilis will be the man to score some goals off Dions flicks because we know that Carbone can't!!!!
I'm not slagging him off whats so ever but I think that they can't change the tactics for one player when the particular tatics mostly don't work.

------------------
JLloyd

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
I am so not a Dublin fan...our general state of play has gone down and the results show this since he came back into the team. He makes us a one dimensional team, whereas when he is not there, the team needs to play football, the kind of football that suits ball players such as Beni and Merse! I personally would not be sad to see Dublin go because he is also lazy....he never goes for a ball that lands a little way from him!

As for the tactics of JG...he should haven't played Taylor from the being, he should have started with either Stone or Hendrie.
As for playing with 5-3-2 at Wembley...it doesn't work...the pitch is too wide!

Pool, glad that you didn't have to wear your mum's dress! :)

·
Registered
4,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was a bit dissapointed, secretly of course. I mean I was soo pleased that I was able to fit in to a size 10 and all. Also I had found shoes and a bag to match.......opps, I feel that I have said too much.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
hehehe your secret is safe here Pool, as long as no friends of yours stumble in here and see that! :)

Just don;t tell your mum...she'll have a heart-attack!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts