Xtratime Community banner

Dubai Friendly - Jan. 6th, 2009: AC Milan vs. Hamburg

8K views 165 replies 32 participants last post by  A10 
#1 ·
A bit early but in case anyone's planning a visit...

They will arrive on December 29th in Dubai, UAE; play on January 6th vs. Hamburg, and depart for Italy on the 7th.

So the things I have to find out -

Hotel (they stayed at the Grand Hyatt last year)
Training ground (they trained at the Al Nasr training grounds last year)

http://www.gulfnews.com/sport/Football/10264198.html

AC Milan players look forward to Middle East visit

Staff Report
Published: December 02, 2008, 00:41

Dubai: AC Milan's superstars are eager about their imminent trip to the Middle East for the Emirates-sponsored Winter Tour and to participate in the Government of Dubai's Tourism Department-sponsored event, the Dubai Football Challenge.

The seven-time European Cup winners, who play Hamburg SV on January 6 arrive for their Winter Tour on December 29.

The Milan side coming to Dubai will include the likes of Ballon d'Or winners Kaka, Ronaldinho - both FIFA World Player of the Year winners - and Andriy Shevchenko. Paolo Maldini, Clarence Seedorf and Pato are also expected to be part of the team.

The club's stars, who will be in Dubai for the second consecutive year, are excited at the prospect of returning to the emirate, both for winter training and the Challenge against Hamburg.

"We had such a great time in Dubai last year during our winter training and are really looking forward to coming back to the city again in December to take on Hamburg in the Dubai Football Challenge," said AC Milan midfielder Kaka.

"It is always a pleasure to train and to compete in such a spectacular city. Also, to play the Challenge in front of such a football-loving public will be a great experience for all of us," he added.

Kaka's Brazilian compatriot, Ronaldinho is also looking forward to the contest: "Having just joined Milan in the summer, this will be my first Dubai Football Challenge. Coming to Dubai for the Winter Tour is something I've been looking forward to a lot.

"Dubai is such a unique city with so much on offer and I cannot wait to play in front of what I have heard is a very passionate crowd," he said.

While Milan's stars are looking forward to returning to the UAE for the Challenge, the region's football fans have taken little time to demonstrate their passion and enthusiasm for the highly anticipated clash on January 6 by snapping up tickets in rapid fashion.

Adnan Kazim, Emirates' Senior Vice-President Commercial Operations - Gulf, Middle East & Iran, said: "Emirates is excited that through our sponsorship we are able to bring two of the greatest football teams in the world to Dubai and give UAE football fans the chance to see the world's best players up close.

"When we first planned our new sports venue, 'The Sevens' it was with the intention of being able to showcase great teams such as AC Milan and Hamburg to the people of the UAE. The Dubai Football Challenge, to be staged on January 6, enables us to do just that"

AC Milan's Emirates-sponsored Winter Training Camp will run from December 29 to January 7, with their clash against Hamburg SV taking place on January 6. Kickoff will be at 7pm at Emirates' sports venue, The Sevens, on the Al Ain Road.

Emirates currently serves Italy with daily non-stop flights to Rome, Milan and Venice, with the commitment to the Italian market becoming ever stronger from January 1 when the airline launches its second daily non-stop service to Milan.

See less See more
#3 ·
Shame to look at our colours on so many ex-players, and a ponce.

#4 ·
i feel exactly the opposite. It is a great feeling to see such great players in our colours. I am especially happy to see Bechkam. We are yet to see if if is worthless on the pitch and whatever else. The very fact he is in Milan stripes makes me feel good :cool:

#5 ·
I actually feel the same way as bono. Let's see if we feel the same way after a couple of games.

#14 ·
what i like is the positive attitude from all. From Behckam and the other players, to Carlo and the staff. All Bechks interviews were about work and dedication, he just said his goal is to play v. Roma. The doc team said they were amazed by how fit he was. All other players said how happy they are they will be playing with Becks, etc. Everybody is focused and talks about work, a new start, better year, better season. Cynical fans chose to ignore all that as drivel or media PR, but it is important to have such attitude. Galiani and Carlo have openly said what our transfer target is and it is exactly what is needed. We can hope negotiations, always difficult with expensive players and other big teams, will be successful and bring in a useful defender. The Key though is injury recovery for all players and avoiding more of those in the future. The team shows unity and there are smiles allover the place (the cynical fans will say "of course, with those salaries") and that is all very important. Dubai seems to offer great conditions (the cynical fans will say we went there for the money and that destroys and good normal winter preparation) and we can look forward the 2nd half of the season.

#17 ·
Cynical fans chose to ignore all that as drivel or media PR, but it is important to have such attitude.
It is. I have asked for that attitude for a long time. Talking about it don't count though. I give credit when I see it on the field. It need to be there away against Cagliari. No excuse about how they wanted it more. they'll see both my thumbs up then.

We can hope negotiations, always difficult with expensive players and other big teams, will be successful and bring in a useful defender.
It is easy to feel jealous when you see Real have already started two transfers they needed. Both being players at their peak.

The Key though is injury recovery for all players and avoiding more of those in the future.
I am 33. Believe me when I say how hard it is to stay away from injuries when you pass 30. On a related note that applies to our injured players. Beckham is just some days from me in age.

The team shows unity and there are smiles allover the place (the cynical fans will say "of course, with those salaries") and that is all very important. Dubai seems to offer great conditions (the cynical fans will say we went there for the money and that destroys and good normal winter preparation) and we can look forward the 2nd half of the season.
You make it so easy ;) Still, I think Dubai is probably a good place for this. It is warm there.

#15 ·
Ronaldinho, Maldini, Inzaghi, Sheva, Beckhams... sounds a bit like a World All Star selection that might be facing a team of sport VIPs lead by Michael Schumacher for some benefit game rather than the team to challenge Inter for the scudetto.

I'd take the security guy on the left to reinforce our defense. At least he could knock Ibra out instead of just fouling him in the penalty box as Kaladze would probably prefer to do nowadys.

#16 ·
I have a feeling HSV is going to smoke you guys real bad, as for Becks I watched a few MLS games with him trying to play and it was emberassing. The guy is a total has been and has no place playing for Milan or any other top club. I"d take an Olic over 10 Becks and that includes his skanky wife. lol

Any ways good luck on the game....Go AC Go

#21 ·
Actually I got my tickets from this guy in the office, since I was out of town for the last seven days...and I'm not even sure I'm going..might get stuck in the office!

#24 ·
Looks like they're training at the Al Nasr stadium, like last year.

Lo Rat Penat - I *might* be able to hook you up with a VIP ticket...I don't know if I can get a 'regular' one. Let me know if youre interested...

#26 ·
Just read the local papers today, apparently female fans were screaming their heads off at Beckham during the bus arrival and training session. :D

On to "less important" Beckham-related matters though, Ancelotti has been saying he's been quite impressive in the Dubai training camp.

#52 ·
Hamburger SV's formation according to La Gazzetta dello Sport:

#30 ·
Nothing is wrong with Kakà. He and Seedorf will be rested, so they will be fully fit for the clash with Roma.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.