Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wathcing porto playing against bayern last week i was seriously amazed with yugo midfielder ljubinko drulovic. he is in an excellent form. he prepered so many goal chances to jardel in that game. knowing that the whole season he is outstanding i think that we will have a great duo on the EURO2000. drulovic-kovacevic.
napred plavi ole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I agree but i think Drulovic should ply right behind Kovacevic and Mijatovic.

I am still sceptical about how Kova will play in Euro2000 as i have not seen him play with the same flair internationally as he does with Juve

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is true that Kovacevic dosent score that much for our national team but if any of use watched the match against Croatia in Belgrade kovacevic did cause the Craotion defence some problems.He does not get that much opportunity to play for our national team because we dont play much.Bookmaker011 I think your right that Drulovic will make a good complement to Kova up forward but I would put him on the right wing and Jovan who like Ljubinko also has an amazing cross on the left so that they can supply the big man in the air and Mijatovic who does plays in the striker position but he plays more like a midfeilder and he will supply Kovacevic on the ground.

[This message has been edited by Mijatovic (edited 11-04-2000).]

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's true about kova but he is a motivated player so i am not afraid for him at all. drulovic's place is on the left wing becasue his crosses could be dreadful for the opponents especially if we play with kova and savo.
ZIVELA SRBIJA!!!!!!!!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mijate, it is a good idea to put j. stankovic on left and drulovic on the right side but i only wonder how drulovic will adjust on the new role. in case that he adjsuts than we would create for the first time in the last nine years some danger from the wings.
regards,

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is true that drulovic does play on the left but he is just as effective on the right and we need a right winger because we already have Jovan on the left.And from what I here Kovacevic and Milosevic will not start together because when they played Maco they played dreadfull and that is because there the same types of players you need more of a passing striker like Mijat to go with Kovacevic.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm getting the feeling that people are coming to their senses here....
sounds like you guys want a high powered offence with Kova, Savo and Mijat playing being fed from the wings by Ljubinko and Jovo...
that means our formation would be 3-4-1-2
I like that...a lot....
who cares if we get scored on, we would simply outscore everyone...
I wish Boskov would try this in a prep match, just once...
Djukic Mihajlovic Djorovic

Drulovic D. Stankovic Jugovic J. Stankovic

Mijatovic

Kovacevic Milosevic

that middfield is fast, has great attacking capabilities, but could also help the defenders if need be, the triangle offence of Mijat, Savo and Kova would be unstoppable I'm convinced, I just wish they would try it...just once...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this is probably the best yu formation delija. i would only swop djorovic and miha.
boskov please hear us.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bookmaker, I agree with you, in fact, I would even consider putting Miha on the left (assuming he would willing play there) and putting Jokanovic as central defender, he plays the defensive central midfielder position anyway....
pomozi Boze...!

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This attitude of what ever u score we will double isnt even something that holland or Argentina(who are not in euro of course but have one of the best strike forces in the world) think about.The game starts and ends with the defence.Like RS Forever said Barce had the Offence but they didnt have the defence and they lost 3:0.Which shows that the defence is everything.We dont need to worry about our offence(at least I hope not)we have Kovacevic,Milosevic,Mijatovic and to a lesser extent even Kezman.Also when was the last time you saw us dominate a whole match of football against class opposition or even score more then 2 against class opposition.Raul and Morientes will run circles around our defence.Even Norway has an unbelievable forward line and on a good day even Slovenia.If our team just gets to the second round I'll be amazed.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The team Delija posted, is the best one I've seen here in a while :)

And you're right we should try them in the upcoming freindlys, Maybee even the match vs Slovenia at EURO2000...

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
Does anybody here realize what Raul and Morientes or Kluivert and Bergkamp would do to Djukic and Mihajlovic - they would rip them apart, don't forget the first 20 minutes of the match against Croatia!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nah...Miha and Djukic are both superb Defenders, and even if they do score, we'll score twice as much, just look at the attack! :)

As for the croatia match, I didnt see it, so I dont know what you're talking about...

·
Premium Member
27,260 Posts
What happened is that Boksic and Suker were running circles around them, and I really don't believe that we can outscore Spain or Holland, playing defensively isn't good (we all know that after France :)), but playing with 3 defenders against such teams I think is like commiting suicide especially because Djukic and Mihajlovic are too slow, they are intelligent but lack pace so we need players who will make up for that..
We all know what happened to Barcelona against Mallorca, so why didn't Barca, who probably have the best strikers in the world, make up for those 3 goals Mallorca scored..???
And it's even maybe too late for a 3-4-1-2 formation, it would take time and some testing to get that working, at the moment our coach doesn't even know half of the players from the starting line up, and there's about two months to go!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Well said Red Star Forever.

Guys guys guys lets slow it down a bit. u cant say "lets put him here and lets put him there!". You cant give a defender a strikers job or a strikers a midfielders job without considerable complications.

Firstly Mijatovic is a striker and he should play as one to

Secondly Drulovic is not an out and out Striker and plays best as an attacking midfielder who can cross balls in for our strikers.

Thirdly the formation MUST be 4-4-2 and nothing less in defense or our weak defense will suffer. Don't be stubborn and say
"nonono Mihajlovic is the best defender in the world he wont let any one pass" -bull****

Imagine the dutch with Davids, Seedorf Berkamp, Kluivert, Cocu, Overmars, Van Nistelrooj god these players are animals and will rip us apart if we swap a defender with a striker.

Whether u admit it or not we do not have the talent like them so please people be real

Playing 4-4-2 does not mean we have to play defensively.

If we want any success in Euro we must play the game WE KNOW the best not testing things that may end up disasterous.

All these different ideas could be tested but definately not now cause it could blow up in our faces.

PS i dislike Milosevic and i feel Euro is his last chance to prove his worth.
I have only seen him score against ****ty sides like Malta

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Look, I agree with you Nick and also RS Forever, but there is no harm in trying Delija's formation in a few of the upcoming matches in the Asian tour.

Plus, I think it would work quite well. I've never actually Djukic play for his club, so I'm not going to say how great he is or anything, but from what I've heard, he's quite a good player....

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My 2 cents:

1st of all: we can not doubt coach Boskov's knowledge of what's going on, right now, in Yugo and Euro footy. Whether he shows it or not, reminder: Boskov is a VOLUNTEER!
No one experienced or capable, wanted the Yugo National coach job after the bombs and before the 2 games v Cro! No one!
Do you seriously think, if Boskov did't care about the Yugo team, would he put his career (rich as it is) on the line? I don't think so!
TODAY,... does any experienced or capable coach today want the job!?!? I haven't heard of anyone... perhaps Djoric (cynically).
Personally: I will give Boskov the benefit of doubt.

Now, back to the team:
I'm with RedStar4ever on this one. 4-4-2 is what I would be looking for too. Yugo doesn't have the talent in 2 classic fast backs that are mandatory for a 3 men D,... and that's a fact! The last one we had is retired from the Yugo team and still plays on the left activelly in Japan is Zeljko Petrovic. I'm skipping the goally situation in the 3 man D, it's a lost cause!
Because Yugo is loaded w/quality central defenders and midfielders, some personnel adjustments will happen, but unfortunately against Asian teams we want have the adequate gauge. Hey, who's fault is that, that no one in Europe want's to play Yugo!?
IMO:
Kralj
Djukic (Nadj), Djorovic, Mihajlovic, P.Djordjevic (Sakic)
D. Stankovic, Jokanovic (Jugovic), Drulovic (maybe 10-15 min. Pikse), J. Stankovic
Kovacevic, Mijatovic

Djukic is a central defender and has been tested on the right a few times in Valencia (still in CL the last time I checked). Nadj would be the experiment.
P Djordjevic is the experiment. Sakic is the "nuzno zlo".
Leave the RIGHT side to Deki.

Cheers!

·
XT Oldie
8,397 Posts
being a FC Porto supporter I always wondered why Drulovic was not recognized as one of the great yugoslavians out there...the man is fantastic! He is a fast runner and a wonderful set-up artist! I only hope he can start for you guys in the EURO!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
mijatovic, i don't know what the hell you are saying about. our defense with miha, djukic and djorovic is stroneger than ever. no doubt about that.
midfield is perfect and attack the best possible at the moment.
i vote 100% for;
djorovic djukic miha

drulovic d.stankovic jugovic j.stankovic
mijatovic
kovacevic milosevic

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think that we need to clear upi a few things here. It seems that some people are confused as to which player plays what position, and what their natural position is.

First of all, Mijatovic: He was never a striker until he came to Real Madrid. His pure natural position is in between the midfielders and the strikers. This is what he played in Partizan, this is aslo what he played in Valencia which made him the most expensive transfer that year. He sets goals up better than he scores them. His spot is just behind the strikers.

Drulovic: He is not a striker. He is a classic Krilo...a wing, streaking up and down the flank, with great speed and wonderful crosses.

Albert Nadj: Central Midfielder, leaning on defensive, but definitely in the centre of the field, anybody who would put him at left or right back should be shot.

Dejan Stankovic: Central Midfielder - attacking. This position was made for him. He is inneffective on the wings, but when given the option to use them coming from the centre he is amazing to watch. He played the number 10 in Red Star, he should be the General out there, never say die, doesn't stop running, brilliant at receiving and forwarding the ball. We need fluidity down the centre of the field. He can provide it. We are not the english, enough with the long ball crap. A match is won by whoever controls the middle of the field, not the wings.

Vladimir Jugovic: Should play just to the left of Stankovic in the attacking mid-field role. Makes for a wonderful second option, to move the ball from our end into the attack. Runs hard, always, and defends superbly. Should not be on the wing.

Slavisa Jokanovic: Central Midfielder - defensive. He is the last midfielder before the defence, should be 90% defensively orientated, could make the transition to defender without much difficulty. Talk about slow, he is the example, clumsy and his age is showing, however still entirely capable of putting in solid performances, excellent defending corners and set pieces.

so I think that this clears things up a little bit. Sakic, Djordjevic, Dudic, Krstajic are all great players, with ZERO experience on our NT though, good to come off the bench, but not play 90mins. As for Zeljko Petrovic, how can anyone in their right mind call him the best wing back we've ever had. WC 98 proved that he has no place on our NT, he defended poorly and had no discipline and was carded at inopportune moments. I'm glad I don't have to worry about Overmaars smoking by him.

Oh yeah, one more thing (sorry to make this so long) but for all those die hard believers in the 4-4-2. WAKE UP. We've been playing 4-4-2 forever and it has brought us NOTHING...NOTHING at all. It's time for a change...3-4-1-2 is the way to go, with evereone praying that our keepers play well, I would love to see the 3-4-1-2..
zivela Srbija

1 - 20 of 30 Posts